so you want to make a comic book

The place for everything else.

so you want to make a comic book

Postby salamanca » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Ok, my Local Comic place is owned by a guy that has known Brian Bendis (current uncanny x-men and ultimate spiderman writer among piles of other comicy stuff) since he was a mere comic reader. And he has talked him into doing an appearance at the store in a couple weeks. Now, I could drop in and have him sign my Daredevil hardcover but that's mundane. I could ask for a simple sketch as he got a start as an artist but again it's a typical request. So we were joking around and a I realized somebody should ask him to write a pitch for a new book. I'm thinking it should be something the editors might be crazy to agree to and something that if it leaked would create a firestorm of fan freakout. So hit me with your worst ideas for a new book, terrible team-up or plotline. And I will attempt to convince Marvel's most popular writer to attempt it.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: so you want to make a comic book

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 am

Oh Oh OH I know! They should do an X-men swimsuit issue! Oh, wait a sec...

Or Kitty Pride could tell a bedtime story to one of the younger members! Oh, wait a sec...

How about putting Jean Grey on trial? I mean again. This week.

Have Wolverine spin off into his own book?

Kill a character?

No I have it. All the x-men stories from, say mid-1990 were all the actions of perfect clones of each of them. Ret-con everything back to the Cockrum/Byrne/Austin era.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:10 am

GOT A TEAM UP IDEA!
Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew (it'd be awesome because not only are they an all-animal team, but they're also a DC property!)

Or if you don't want crossover, there's always NFL Superpro or US1
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Capt. Carrot...that might work. I'm thinking about the retcon idea. What if Thunderbird was the only survivor of the first mission and went insane?. Every story has been in his head trying to reconcile the loss of his pals. Speaking of Thunderbird, how horribly irritating was that guy?. In all the various events where X-men have time traveled to rescue a lost team member, they have never gone back to save Thunderbird. There is a team in the afterlife right now dragging Nightcrawler back from the dead but does anybody mention looking up Thunderbird, Noooooooooooo.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:46 pm

DAMAGE CONTROL: Great Lakes Division!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 pm

salamanca wrote:I'm thinking about the retcon idea. What if Thunderbird was the only survivor of the first mission and went insane?

I was thinking Scott Summers went crazy after the death of Jean Grey and all the rest was a madness-induced hallucination. That way, no time-travel crapola, dead characters like the ultimate dick/stereotype Thunderbird and Jean, stay dead, AND we get Dazzler back!!! :twisted:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Bendis already brought Dazzler back as the mutant liason agent of SHIELD.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Spoke with my comic book guy at the store this weekend about your idea Dave. He said, and I quote "DON'T DO THAT! HE [BENDIS] IS PROBABLY JUST LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO DO SOMETHING THAT STUPID!" Then he mentioned a metric buttload of idiot characters he's already brought back (sorry my comic book guy's rant was so long I plum lost track of the number of characters he mentioned).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Maybe a new Leap Frog series...
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters