tabletop day

The place for everything else.

tabletop day

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:24 pm

So, saturday the 5th is "international tabletop day" another invented special game day with no actual endorsement from the international ruling body of political types that endorse stuff as official. Which means we should all be getting together with somebody and playing boardgames.

Is anybody making plans to do something in their area with friends or at an "official" planned event to game with some potential new friends?

I am unfortunately occupied with other events where a game may potentially break out before we are done. But I would love to hear about what the rest of you may be doing or have done. (and yes, I will consider friday night gaming as "pre-emptive gaming strikes" on the holiday as well as Sunday gatherings as "typical belated lazy gamers who can't get started on time")

GO PLAY SOMETHING!
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: tabletop day

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Well, Sunday is our usual get together (and we're playing Forgotten Realms, so that's pretty tabletop).
Heck we're even using miniatures and hex paper for distances
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: tabletop day

Postby salamanca » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Wouldn't you know it, I went to a funeral and gaming broke out afterwards. We tastefully opted for other venues outside the church but I got in a quick demo of Carrier Strike (don't look for it, it's an old milton bradley game) followed by a game of Takenoko, Faeries Rule and Goblins Drool, Buccaneer Bounty, and Mutant Meeples. Mutant Meeples is interesting in that it has no turns, players race to declare who can complete the objective in the fewest moves. The meeples on the board are usable by any player but once you use one to complete the goal you cannot use it again in the game. Essentially, it's a maze game. (which means I am terrible at it). And I bought Firefly.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters