so, that pirate movie

The place for everything else.

so, that pirate movie

Postby salamanca » Fri May 20, 2011 10:43 pm

You know I had to go see it, right?. Well, it was about a half beat wrong for me and I can't place why it didn't wow me. Best way to describe it would be via the CV campaign. We all show up expecting Kristen to run the Sonia half but she is running the Jack part instead. And then we all trade characters. Charlie is playing my character, Mark has Mike's vesten, but Mike has Kara's vodacce and Kara has Don Miguel while Laura is playing Charlie's Montaigne and I have Laura's character. We all know how each other play and are doing justice to the parts but it is just not right.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: so, that pirate movie

Postby Klcp » Sat May 21, 2011 4:28 am

Hmmm...interesting thoughts on that...I was planning on seeing it this week so I'll let you know. It might have something to do with the swap in and out of characters? -shrug-
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Re: so, that pirate movie

Postby salamanca » Sat May 21, 2011 9:26 am

Part of it has to do.with adapting a book and making it work with the POTC characters. Part of it is a director change. Some is certainly from not bringing back the crewmen we are used to seeing. A lot had to do with characters not behaving the way we normally see them. What does make sense is the Spainard.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters