The Guild of San Marcos Origins Club!

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

The Guild of San Marcos Origins Club!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:23 am

EDIT: I've changed the name of this because while it's two years old (as of this edit), it's still relevant. So, I'm going to leave it pinned. That way the new folks can see it.

Heya everyone!

While we do have plenty of time to get the info in for our discount tickets it might be nice to get some of you started a bit ahead of time. I have a big list (55 people as of this writing) who have given me names/email addys. If you are certain I have your info and it hasn't changed, you don't need to do anything as I will just send in the same list I had last year.

If you're not certain, you can ask me here or PM me

AND if you know someone who wants in but wasn't last year, send me their name/email (via PM please I don't want spambots getting folks email).

Price for my largesse is the same as last year, one bottle of Diet Peach Snapple Iced Tea! (available at Myconos Gyros down in the food court if you don't grab them before hand.)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: The Guild of San Marcos Origins Club 2015!

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 am

As far as I know, my info and crimsonjoe's info hasn't changed.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:31 pm

I tried to register but was spat out as having an unrecognized email address.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Yup, we haven't gotten the go-ahead for groups yet.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Harliquinn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm

I'm not certain so I'm asking :)

John
Harliquinn

Re: The Guild of San Marcos Origins Club!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm

A bit early I know, but here's your reminder. You want to save $20 on a ticket Origins? OF COURSE YOU DO! Get me your name and the email you use to register (and it looks like you'll have to re-register as they're using a new system this year).

If you've already given me your info, just make sure to re-register using that and you're all set!

Got a friend you're bringing this year and want them to save $20? Give me their info too. And best of all, once you're on the list, you're on there forever! FOREVER!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Lady Grace wrote:As far as I know, my info and crimsonjoe's info hasn't changed.

Same in 2018.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:34 pm

So, weird thing happened to us today as regards the GoSM Origins club...

I never knew this but we have to have 1 hour of events for every person in the group in order for Origins to give us our discount. Now that was never a problem back in the day because we'd do 22 events of 4 hours each for a total of 88 hours, well above our actual group roster of 70 (with even room to grow, woo!)

HOWEVER, as this year we are on a much abbreviated schedule, we have only 32 hours of gaming to get people in with.

So my choices to rectify this are either, A) Make Ken, Sam, and Alexandra run a bunch more games (at least twice what they're doing now) or B) Cull the roster.

Now as much as it amuses me to imagine my standing behind the three of them with a cat-o-nine tales as they desperately try to run adventures, their sallow frightened eyes always looking back over their shoulders, wondering when, when it will happen again....

Where was I?

Oh yea, so anyway, I'll be getting rid of folks who aren't using the discount. Now before you all go into a panic, let me give you some ground rules.

1 - IF you already bought your ticket, you can't get a refund so it would make sense to purge you so someone else can make use of it.

2 - If you know someone on the list is not going to make it this year, let me know so I can eliminate them.

3 - Having your name purged from this list means NOTHING to next year. I am making a separate list for just this year. Everyone will go back onto that list (well really everyone will stay on that list) I just need to find the 32 most in need of the discount who have not already bought a ticket.

So, having said all that, here's our list. Feel free to speak up. Tell me if you want/need to stay, tell me who needs to go!

Member Name
Adam Russo
Alexandra Lirtzman
Amanda Goff
Bill Chew
Britney Bragg
Casey Cox

Cate Flanagan
Charles Pugsley
Christopher Ressler
Cole Perkins
Dan Hunley
Daniel Clawson
Dave Reeves

David Givens
Debbie Wessel
Floyd Wessel
George Henion
Ian McCauley
James Cox
James Soffietti
Jason Bossert
Jeremy Baker
Jeremy Taylor
Jimmy Clawson
John Bellando
Kara Clawson
Katie White-Sonby
Kenneth Lechiara
Kenneth Weitzmon
KJ Johnson
Laura Brenner
Laura Gullet

Ludvig Yabar
Mark Edwards
Mark Garstka

Mark Perkins
Martin Schaefer
Melissa Marx
Melissa Traynor
Meredith Spearman
Michael Sonby
Mike Bisberg
Mike Givens
Mike Karr
Nick Bragg
Nicole Milliff

Paige Dixon
Paula Givens
Russ Price
Ryan <RJ> Walters
Sam Schardt
Scott Smith
Shane Flanigan
Shawn Pettifer
Stephanie Chew

Stephen Goff
Steve Pettifer
Steve Smith
Steven Givens
Tim Walsh
Vern Adams
Wesley Giver
Cyrus Carter

Just to clarify, the red italicized folks are the culled group. I have taken out 15 but I need to take out an additional 23 to fix this.

Edit: Spoke with Dave and he added a few more in. Now have 30 taken out need 8 more. Ken, Sam, Alexandra, do you mind if I remove you (since you'll be getting GM badges?) Also, anyone who's already bought their ticket, speak up. That way I can remove you.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:01 pm

Alright, I may have an easier solution. The origins folks said they can set up the system to allow the first 36 people to get the discount. So I will remove the names I listed, then give a free-for-all to everyone remaining!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Charge! (Oh, and have your card ready to charge)

And before you all panic over my name in red, relax. I got in free for running the last decade, i can pay a full fee for a year.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm

I actually already bought my badges, so feel free to remove my name from the list.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Ok so I have the codes! Here is the link. Go here to buy your badge:

https://bit.ly/GetbadgeOGF

Secret Code is: OGF21GOSM

This will only work for the folks who are in the list AND who have not already bought a ticket. BUT we have a couple of extra slots I can add if it runs over (but not too much). If you aren't on the list and you need one, shoot me a PM or email. The rest of you this applies to? Have at it.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Whoops! Code noted for Origins 21 Topic...
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:43 pm

So, the Discount works: Th+Fr+Sa+Su= $0+ $9 + $9 + 4.50 = $22.50 total discount.

Thanks Mark.
Sister Sonya

Return to Events