Writing Progress

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Re: Writing Progress

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Act 1 Scene I of Episode 15 written! Woo!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:11 am

Scene II written, working on Act 2, Scene I
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Got the outline done, and realized I hate the entire first act. Re-writing it.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Woo LOTS OF PROGRESS!
Background: Finished!
Acts 1 & 2: Finished!
Act 3, Scene I: Finished!
Now just Act 3, Scene II and all the dangly bits (NPCs, money, connections, secret society interest, that kind of thing) left to do!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:27 am

Another flurry. Ep. 16 outlined, now just doing the detail work before I start writing that up!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:11 am

Progress: Ep. 13 fully edited and ready to go. Ep. 14 2 more pages to go. Ep. 15 rough draft finished, Ep. 16 first act rough draft finished.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Ep. 14 now edited. Just waiting on a second playtest to see that it runs smoothly and we'll be all set!

Oh yea, I also wrote over 3k words on my second book! WOO ME!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:13 am

Just a little reminder for myself.

While Episode 15 is finished, I still need to re-write 16 to incorporate my changes. And I need to get started on them since Origins is coming up and it should be done before then (so I have the option of playtesting it there, since it's the one I'm least comfortable with at this point).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 01, 2017 10:38 am

Incorporated the changes, added in a few things and 16 is now half way finished! Back and at them, 16 should be done by next week or so.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Over 2/3 of the way finished.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Act 3, Scene I finished. Scene II fully outlined. Should be all set to go for Origins!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Act 3 Scene II finished! Now to re-write the background and rough draft will be ready for those rotten playtesters to tear apart,

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 am

Side project all finished and sent out (1k words for Don Higgins for a book/pdf he's putting together, I'll post the link when he gets it up).

Background for Ep 16 still needs to be finished, and getting to that.

Deb's new background is all sorted out and about half way written :twisted:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

16 is ready to go. Rough draft is all set.
Started on 17 just to get some more ideas down on paper.

Teaser: 17 is entitled Rising Tensions

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri May 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Side project all finished and sent out (1k words for Don Higgins for a book/pdf

Deb's new background is all sorted out and about half way written :twisted:

Woohoo!!!!! Can't wait.....
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Had a quiet moment or two today and took a long look at the list of ideas I have for Episodes 17 and 18. Long story short, I got inspired and have the final acts for both outlined enough to start writing.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Had a quiet moment or two today and took a long look at the list of ideas I have for Episodes 17 and 18. Long story short, I got inspired and have the final acts for both outlined enough to start writing.

That's exciting!!!!
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 am

Writing is back in progress. Hald a short talk with Dave/Laura/Megan about various parts of Ep 17 and got to writing. Scene 1 is finished and Scene 2 is well on the way. Now I just need to playtest Ep 15 (which should happen next month) and make edits and year 8 will be ready!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:18 am

17 is over half way finished (yay) but slow going. Don't know what's taking so long but it's still progressing.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:23 pm

17 has just one scene left to write then I'm onto 18 (which is going to be just as slow going, I think).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Got all the editing done for 15, it's now ready for play! Working on 16.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:12 pm

TotalCon PA done, working on OGCs. Had a better idea for Ep. 16 so gonna make a few changes on it.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Since I haven't updated this in a while. I should let everyone know 17 is finished, and 18 is half way done (on time to be finished before Origins and the playtest). All the basics are done for the LARP just need to do the fine touches then the hardest part (paperwork). Then it's on to PA for GenCon.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sat May 12, 2018 3:00 am

You should probably go to Indiana instead of Pennsylvania for GenCon.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Forgot to say, 18 finished, LARP is getting it's final touches and I should be ready to go with over a week to spare (in case I get any last-minute background requests)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Feedback