Countdown to Origins 2018

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to Origins 2018

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:23 pm

So, Dave? Are we to prepare for your LARP in 2018?
Sister Sonya

Re: Countdown to Origins 2018

Postby daundelyon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:28 pm

*scribbling furiously*
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Not mine. larp duties now belong to Sam and Alexandra. I am just consulting and maybe serving as a GM/NPC.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:49 pm

So, Sam and Alexandra? My main question this early is: have you decided on a day?

Logistics for wig, robe, prophet's cross, and such, isn't so easy to coordinate for those of us staying at a motel miles away.

However, if there could be a room/place for us to place our stuff ahead of time, that might be a good thing! Not a dressing room, but just a place to put our stuff. (Perhaps someone staying on a room by him/herself?)
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:37 pm

We haven't decided on a day since last time we ran a LARP we had a whole evening free (friday night) now it's all full. But never fear we'll find a place.

And yes, Mike, you can store your stuff in my room.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:13 am

Sister Sonya wrote: (Perhaps someone staying on a room by him/herself?)

Black Jack Rackham wrote:And yes, Mike, you can store your stuff in my room.

Moi? :oops:
Sister Sonya

Postby Eyeheartawk » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Just booked a hotel room for next year already. It's getting harder and harder to find a decent price closer to the con now.

Also, I will attend the larp in sweatpants, swilling beer and likely having chili breath.

This happens to also be very much in character. This is by design.
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby daundelyon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Eyeheartawk wrote:
Also, I will attend the larp in sweatpants, swilling beer and likely having chili breath.

I have seen worse.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:40 pm

daundelyon wrote:
Eyeheartawk wrote:

I have seen worse.

Me too (I have a mirror).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 pm

daundelyon wrote:
Eyeheartawk wrote:

I have seen worse.

Challenge accepted.
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:21 am

Eyeheartawk wrote:Just booked a hotel room for next year already. It's getting harder and harder to find a decent price closer to the con now.

I understand your pain. When Origins first was established in Columbus, I used to get a room at a motel in the German Village area, then take a public bus to and from the Con.

Now it's just easier to drive from a motel in Worthington, costing less than $60, then park for $5.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:33 am

Ok despite the fact that there's no movement on the Origins website, the hotels have the Origins discount in their system. So feel free to go get your room as of today (I got the Crowne Plaza as usual).

Also got an email from Paul regarding fill rates and some date information. If you're curious, we ran 21 of the 22 games scheduled and turned in 113 tickets of a possible 132. I don't know what that means (save it's a solid "B" grade) But I don't think it means we should make any changes.

As for the dates. They won't be opening Event Submission today (like that have in the past) because they're trying to improve the system (an admirable goal). They'd like us, the GMs to give them feedback by the 15th (in order for them to implement the changes). I personally would like to see a system more similar to GenCon's (in which you put the events in directly to the system and can edit and make copies) rather than a spreadsheet. But I assume that's so basic they'll get a ton of suggestions for that kind of thing.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:06 am

Have them feed the sign-up server hamsters better! :lol:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 am

Lady Grace wrote:Have them feed the sign-up server hamsters better! :lol:

Unfortunately, there was no mention of fixing Event Registration. This is just for us GMs to have an easier time imputing our events into the system.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:14 pm

I just booked my room at the Crowne Plaza, and they only had 5 rooms left in the GAMA Origins block.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby cpugs » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Guess I'm going next year, room reserved at the Hyatt.....
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:11 pm

So, funny story. Turns out Hotel Reg was not supposed to start until today at noon. BUT since they got the info early, those of us who did it early get to keep our rooms. Woo!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:34 am

Hmm, oddity. I just stopped by the Origins website to see if they had info about Event Submission up. That page still says they're in the process of updating the system and they'll announce the go-live date soon. That said, if you go to the Registration page, it says Registration opens November 15 (this upcoming Wednesday). Not sure how Event Submission fits into that but this is Origins after all.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:11 pm

We're not having a LARP in '18, are we?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Lady Grace wrote:We're not having a LARP in '18, are we?

Yes, yes we are :)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Angela Valdez » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:11 pm

Booked a room at the Residence Inn. Nervous about the LARP, but ready to try it.
Angela Valdez

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

Still in a holding pattern for event submission. Website says (as it has for a while) that they aren't quite ready but keep checking back in.

HOWEVER, Registration is live. We, of course, have to wait until we get the group code, just wanted those of you who can't wait to know.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Well, got myself my own wig for Annie then.

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm

I have something I'll be bringing, but I'm keeping it a secret...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Still in a holding pattern about event submission. Just wanted you all to know I hadn't forgotten about it.

EDIT: Just read this on Unofficial Origins Discussion Group (on FB).
Andy Klosky wrote:Andy Klosky Is there any update on when event registration will go live for other events? I know that many of us who submit events as part of an organization are chomping at the bit to get our information in...

Origins Game Fair Event registration goes live May 2.

Andy Klosky Sorry, I should have clarified. Event submission, rather?

Origins Game Fair Ah, yes. We are in the last phase of updating our event submission portal. The project should not be too far off from being ready to go. As soon as we get a finalized date for when it is ready we will share that with everyone. We really appreciate everyone's patience with this!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events