Countdown to Origins 2018

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2018

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Ok got the new event submission form. Just waiting on a few comments, but I doubt it'll change anything about event times/dates. So here's our list thus far (I'll be running the ones in red of course)!

Wed (13th):
1-5 HoA: Flashback Morrow T1
1-5 HoA: Episode 11 – To Light a Candle Morrow T2
7-11 HoA: Episode 13 – The Madman of Paseo Largo Morrow T1
7-11 HoA: Episode 15 – Black Sheep Morrow T2

Thurs (14th):
9-1 HoA: Episode 12 – Old Friends Morrow T1
9-1 HoA: Episode 14 – A Friend in Need Morrow T2
1-5 HoA: Episode 13 – The Madman of Paseo Largo Morrow T3
1-5 HoA: Episode 16 – Fall From Grace Morrow T4
5+ HoA: PLAYTEST (Ep 18 – The Keystone)

Fri (15th):
9-1 HoA: Episode 14 – A Friend in Need Morrow T1
9-1 HoA: Episode 15 – Black Sheep Morrow T2
9-1 HoA: Flashback Morrow T3
1-5 HoA: Episode 15 – Black Sheep Morrow T4
1-5 HoA: Episode 16 – Fall From Grace Morrow T5
7-11 HoA: LARP - Opening Night Garfield

Sat (16th):
9-1 HoA: Episode 16 – Fall From Grace Morrow T1
9-1 HoA: Flashback Morrow T2
1-5 HoA: Personal Agendas – Table 1 Morrow T3
1-5 HoA: Personal Agendas – Table 2 Morrow T4
7-11 HoA: Personal Agendas – Table 1 Morrow T3
7-11 HoA: Personal Agendas – Table 2 Morrow T4
11-3am Megaparanoia - Sccob-Y-DOO Where are you? Garfield

Sun (17th):
10-2 HoA: DOMINGO GIGANTE! - Table 1 Morrow T1
10-2 HoA: DOMINGO GIGANTE! - Table 2 Morrow T2
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:26 am

So, it looks like badge reg is open already. Is there a Guild of San Marcos club again this year? If so, who do I have to kiss to get on that list for a sweet, sweet discount?
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am

Eyeheartawk wrote:So, it looks like badge reg is open already. Is there a Guild of San Marcos club again this year? If so, who do I have to kiss to get on that list for a sweet, sweet discount?

Jason, you're already on the list. Origins just needs to give me the codes for the group (which ALWAYS happen after event registration) and you can get your discount. (also if I recall correctly your better half is Meredith? She's also on the list).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:09 am

Awesome, thanks for the info, wasn't sure how that worked. Meredith wont' be joining us again this year as grad school is a bitch, but Kenny and I will definitely be there, per usual.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Kenny's on the list too (in case he was worried about it).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Sweet, thanks.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Mark/Dave

Do you need us to send you our character stats for the LARP?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:37 pm

Dr. Miguel Contreras wrote:Mark/Dave

Do you need us to send you our character stats for the LARP?

Mark,
Sorry this took so long for me to respond to. If you'd like, you can stat it out yourself. Here's the template
Character Conversion
RPG Trait = LARP Trait: 1-2=1 3-4=2 5=3 6-7=4

Brawn:____ Finesse:____ Wits:____ Resolve:____ Panache:____

Drama Points 4+Reputation DIce = ____

Advantages (List): ____________________________________________________________

Arcana (List):_________________

Sorcery/Sword School Ranking: Apprentice=1 Adept/Journeyman=2 Master=3

Sorcery/Sword School (Ranking):____________________________________________________

This will be a social game, as such the skills most likely to be used are Courtesan, Courtier, Criminal, Fence, Fortune Telling, Missionary, Monk, Performer, Politician, Priest, Professor, Spy, Streetwise, and Teacher.
Determine the average of the Knacks in the Skill
Average of the Knack Ranks in the RPG Sheet = LARP Skill Rank: Avg. 1-2=1 Avg. 3-4=2 Avg.5=3

Skills (Rank):______________________________________________________________________

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:04 pm

If we fill out the template, do you want them posted here? (I'm wondering what the best format will be to make the GMs lives easier.) :D
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:04 pm

Sure!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Here's Caitlin's info.

Character Conversion
RPG Trait = LARP Trait: 1-2=1 3-4=2 5=3 6-7=4

Brawn:__1__ Finesse:__2__ Wits:__2__ Resolve:__2__ Panache:__2__

Drama Points 4+Reputation DIce = __8__

Advantages (List): Stunning Appearance, University, Noble_____________________________

Arcana (List):__Arrogant_______________

Sorcery/Sword School Ranking: Apprentice=1 Adept/Journeyman=2 Master=3

Sorcery/Sword School (Ranking):___N/A_________________________________________________

This will be a social game, as such the skills most likely to be used are Courtesan, Courtier, Criminal, Fence, Fortune Telling, Missionary, Monk, Performer, Politician, Priest, Professor, Spy, Streetwise, and Teacher.
Determine the average of the Knacks in the Skill
Average of the Knack Ranks in the RPG Sheet = LARP Skill Rank: Avg. 1-2=1 Avg. 3-4=2 Avg.5=3

Skills (Rank):_Courtier (2), Artist - Musician (2), Scholar (1), Doctor (2), Acrobat (1), Rider (1), Dirty Fighting (2), Knife (2), Athlete (1), Archer (2)_
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Do not ask me about this larp stuff. I am not involved with it this time around.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Just saw that event registration opens on May 2nd. Normally, I work from home and would have no problem logging in and registering for my events, however, May 2nd I have an all-day meeting in the city. Looks like I won't be registering until that night. Grrrrr.......
CaitlinCallahan

Postby michelecd » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:38 am

Are there any special LARP rules? I know that some groups actually require garb, etc. which I would be happy to acquire, it just may not look nice...

Also, I just registered. A) Can I retroactively apply the Guild discount? (no loss if not, I just wanted to get this over with) B) For Origins regulars, it normal that generics are "sold out" and that I can't access the page where I sign up for individual events?
"What d'you mean, quit picking on the Innish?!"
michelecd

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Costume-wise, you don't need to go overboard. I don't think it's required for HoA anyway.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:19 pm

But we WANT Mike to go overboard with his costuming :twisted: .

I don't know about the discount. I'd guess if you brought it to the volunteers when we get there though, you'd have better luck than with the origins people in charge.

As for the generics running out and not being able to access your events. I'd definitely call origins staff directly.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:54 pm

According to the site, the event listing will not be available until 4/23, with event registration opening on 5/2. I'm not sure why it would have shown generics as sold out - it let me purchase them at the time I registered.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:26 pm

If you have sent Mark your info to be included on the HOA discount list, you can jump through a couple hoops and get refunded either onsite or before. (onsite is a tad easier)

Event listings never go live for Origins at the same time as badge registration. It is nothing to worry about that you cannot access generics, event tickets or seminar stuff. Even the legendary "go live on May 2" is a debatable prospect. There is frequently a hiccup (read that as annual) that seems to delay that.

As for special LARP rules for HOA... We use the mechanics that were written up in Rapier's Edge, the last and arguably best book in the 7th sea 1st edition line.

As for costuming, we appreciate those that make the effort to wear something that fits their character. We love the folks that go above and beyond when their character has little to no resemblance to their real life body. (Like Sister Sonya and Tomas)

BUT... we get that you are coming to a con. Depending on your travel arrangements, housing and plans, maybe there isn't room to pack a costume. Maybe you don't own 13 different renn faire outfits to choose from. Maybe you took a liking to us during an early session and decided to stick around for a LARP you didn't plan for. We get it. this stuff isn't always in the budget.

If you show up in jeans and a t-shirt, we will completely ignore that as long as you show up. We want you there far more than we want your outfit there. We do insist you wear something. Nekkid LARPing is not on the "Origins To Do" List. (at least not for 7th sea, what happens at PRAWN hopefully stays there)
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Origins Event List is UP!!!!!
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Came to post that very thing Charlie. For the rest of you, here's the LINK. If I did it right you should begin downloading it immediately.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:09 am

Dang...no Deadlands Noir LARP this year :(

So...odds that there'll be no problems with the registration hamsters this year? :lol:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:24 pm

Odds on no registration issues...0%.

There are always issues.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 pm

UPDATE ON THE CLUB CODES:
Haven’t received them yet, but word on the unofficial FB Origins Page (from someone who spoke with Paul) was the codes should be coming out in the next day or so.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 am

*looks up hopefully about the update*

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:56 am

got the GM codes but no notice on the club codes yet :(

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events