Countdown to Origins 2019

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to Origins 2019

Postby kenderleech » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Too Soon? NEVER!

kenderleech

Re: Countdown to Origins 2019

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:07 am

PA is already in development. Book early.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:58 pm

salamanca wrote:PA is already in development. Book early.

Can I book a whole table for myself so i can play all my characters? :P
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Yes, but you have to book 11pm Sat and you are scheduled to run that.
salamanca

Postby daundelyon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:33 pm

MacShidhe wrote:
salamanca wrote:PA is already in development. Book early.

Can I book a whole table for myself so i can play all my characters? :P

*walks into the other room and confiscates Sam's computer for reasons*
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby spizio » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:55 pm

salamanca wrote:Yes, but you have to book 11pm Sat and you are scheduled to run that.

For some mysterious reason after this session all of his characters have 5 pips in everything...
spizio

Postby cpugs » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:14 pm

So, the Wards are out of Gama. John's contract was not renewed, his wife was let go in July. Stay tuned....
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:02 pm

cpugs wrote:So, the Wards are out of Gama. John's contract was not renewed, his wife was let go in July. Stay tuned....

I saw this earlier today, Charlie. What do you think it means for us?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm butt-clueless...what was their position?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby cpugs » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Maybe they put people in charge that care for both the Games Manufacturers they are named after and their paying customers for the convention.

John Ward has been in charge of GAMA with his wife since the mid 2000's. However, they answered to the board of directors.
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:57 pm

Been watching the thread on the unofficial origins FB page. Sounds like a lot of bad blood which, fortunately, means almost nothing to our little group.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 am

Update on the housing block for next year. They were supposed to go live this month, but for reasons have postponed it until mid October. I'll let you know when stuff gets closer.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 am

I am reading that October 15th is the day...?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 am

I saw that on the unofficial Origins FB page LG, but didn't want to post it since, with them, we never really know until it actually happens.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:I saw that on the unofficial Origins FB page LG, but didn't want to post it since, with them, we never really know until it actually happens.

Of course, immediately after posting this I went to the Origins website and they have it up official-like. So you're right. Oct 15 is now the date (you all can check it out HERE if you want).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:04 am

Ok they've given their official word (via FB of course). Housing block will open Oct 15 @ 11am EST. (the link I posted above will take you directly to the page with the codes on it).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby SonofScarlet » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:50 pm

So, I've never done Origins. How does their housing block system work?
SonofScarlet

Postby kenderleech » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Hit the link to the origins site, get the code for the hotel you want, and register with the hotel directly with the code
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:16 pm

kenderleech wrote:Hit the link to the origins site, get the code for the hotel you want, and register with the hotel directly with the code

Trent, it might look like Ken's suggestion just doesn't give enough information, but I assure you it's that simple. Origins doesn't do the staggered registration or the lottery like GenCon. Get on whenever you'd like. While there isn't enough room for EVERYONE to be at a connected hotel, they also won't run out in the first month or so (well the Drury will, but it sold out on Sunday of the last Origins).

EDIT: Oh and I'd recommend grabbing one of the hotels on the southern side of the convention center since all our games will be there. (Crowne Plaza, The Lofts, Drury (if you can get in), Hyatt*)

*I'd recommend this one last. Not because it's a bad hotel, but because everyone tries to stay there and that makes dealing with the 4 elevators a nightmare between games.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby daundelyon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Strongly recommend booking early, because the Columbus Pride Parade is the same weekend and that tends to add to the housing mayhem.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 am

Just booked my hotel. Had to call directly - apparently, the Crowne Plaza is having some technical difficulties (or so John, who booked my registration, told me). The link on the Origins page takes you to the reservation site, but does not recognize the code. Their front desk is very helpful, though. :)
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 pm

When the Crowne Plaza didn’t work out immediately, I decided to give the Drury a shot. Got in after it had been open five minutes. It already sold out. But I did get the Crowne Plaza like usual.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Called the Hyatt at 11:25 and they were sold out of the block. Then I called Hyatt Corp and got in. So it looks like I'm going!
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 am

cpugs wrote:Called the Hyatt at 11:25 and they were sold out of the block. Then I called Hyatt Corp and got in. So it looks like I'm going!

Ah the perks of being "special people" :D

Oh and on an unrelated note, they're pushing back event submission again (not sure when it'll start now) owing to problems with their new submission program.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am

Grace, talked to Jeremy yesterday, he has space booked in the Drury so we are all good.

Wow, it's nice having "people" to take care of these things.
salamanca

Next

Return to Events