Countdown to Origins 2019

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2019

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:30 am

Indeed. Grace gets testy when she doesn't get her morning waffle. :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby SonofScarlet » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:13 pm

So, unless every hotel in the housing block is having issues with their code, it looks like none of them are available during the convention. :(
SonofScarlet

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 am

SonofScarlet wrote:So, unless every hotel in the housing block is having issues with their code, it looks like none of them are available during the convention. :(

Call their local number directly.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:10 pm

It's Origins, if you are not having problems with a code, you have done setting wrong.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Alright new update, early registration begins Nov 15. But if you do, you'll have to go through the rigmarole of getting a refund once the group discount goes live. And no it won't go live before event registration (though it may this year since event submission is still not open).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am

Ok they opened Event Submission back on the 1st and I have been waiting since then for help to get into the system to submit our events (turns out for those who want to know, they purge the data from the previous year for reasons that make no sense so you have to create a new login every year). So long and the short of it is, our events are in. And they're just like they are every year. Here you go.

Wed (12th):
1-5 HoA: Flashback - Eps 1-3
1-5 HoA: Episode 13 – The Madman of Paseo Largo
7-11 HoA: Episode 15 – Black Sheep
7-11 HoA: Episode 17 – One More Favor

Thurs (13th):
9-1 HoA: Episode 16 – Fall From Grace
1-5 HoA: Episode 18 – Finessing the Queen
1-5 HoA: Flashback - Eps 4-6
5+ HoA: PLAYTEST (Ep 19 – Rising Tensions)

Fri (14th):
9-1 HoA: Episode 14 – A Friend in Need
9-1 HoA: Episode 15 – Black Sheep
1-5 HoA: Episode 16 – Fall From Grace
1-5 HoA: Episode 17 – One More Favor
1-5 HoA: Flashback 7-9
7-11 HoA: Episode 17 – One More Favor
7-11 HoA: Episode 18 – Finessing the Queen

Sat (15th):
9-1 HoA: Episode 18 – Finessing the Queen
9-1 HoA: Flashback 10-12
1-5 HoA: Personal Agendas – 2 Tables
7-11 HoA: Personal Agendas – 2 Tables

Sun (16th):
10-2 HoA: DOMINGO GIGANTE!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Are they still using Event Ready (she asks in dread)?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Are they still using Event Ready (she asks in dread)?

Yup.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:06 am

I still have zero problems with registration every year. Mark files the events, I never have time to play events, so all that never phases me.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:25 pm

salamanca wrote:I still have zero problems with registration every year. Mark files the events, I never have time to play events, so all that never phases me.

I'm not sure how to take this - should I give you grief for gloating, or feel bad because you don't get to play any events? :?
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Gloating! My punishment is not getting to play.

In truth, I have a theoretical window to play a couple events but those never coincide with an event I am interested in playing.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:41 pm

Since I'm updating the countdown, 133 days!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby vogelsong » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:52 pm

The local school board just decided to have teachers report two days earlier this year... August 1st and 2nd. So it looks like I'll be scrapping my Gencon plans and going to Origins instead for the first time in approximately 20 years.

See everyone soon-ish?
vogelsong

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:20 pm

So, the events chart is up on the Origins website, but it does not include event numbers (which makes it difficult to prep for event registration). :::sigh:::

It looks like I will not be arriving until Thursday, early afternoon this year.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 pm

And, of course, the discount code for HoA will be late again. :x
Sister Sonya

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 pm

CaitlinCallahan wrote:So, the events chart is up on the Origins website, but it does not include event numbers (which makes it difficult to prep for event registration). :::sigh:::

It is now less than two weeks until event registration is supposed to open, and still no event ID #'s. You'd think I'd be used to this by now....

(And, surprisingly enough, the website provides no way to electronically provide feedback or ask questions - they have a physical address and a phone number listed in the "Contact Us" section of the site.)
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:17 pm

CaitlinCallahan wrote:
CaitlinCallahan wrote:So, the events chart is up on the Origins website, but it does not include event numbers (which makes it difficult to prep for event registration). :::sigh:::

It is now less than two weeks until event registration is supposed to open, and still no event ID #'s. You'd think I'd be used to this by now....

(And, surprisingly enough, the website provides no way to electronically provide feedback or ask questions - they have a physical address and a phone number listed in the "Contact Us" section of the site.)

"Working as Intended" :evil:

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:35 pm

If you cannot register, you cannot pay. That alone will get things fixed.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:17 pm

salamanca wrote:If you cannot register, you cannot pay. That alone will get things fixed.

But the slightly OCD side of my wants to have my preferred list of events ready ahead of time (and by "ahead of time", I mean more than 24 hours before registration starts...)

:(
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:28 am

I still think like the old "mail in system". It should have been scheduled a month ago and this is too close to make a plan at all.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Maybe we should look into getting four tables reserved for the whole con... Just run "open games of altamira" we get 8 players worth of generics, we launch a game. No GMs available? well, next time one opens up, we run a game.
kenderleech

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Soooo.....just went to the Origins page for my daily check on the event listing, and the format of the page has totally changed!!!! I must admit, I am rather impressed with the new layout (at least, initially).

AND, I am happy to report that the event listing now includes event ID #s. :D
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:20 am

And, of course, the order of all the events changed, and I have to search for those I want all over again,
Sister Sonya

Possible Strategy for Applying the HoA Discount Code

Postby MacShidhe » Thu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Hello All,
Last year I accidentally discovered a strategy that allowed me to get the funds for the HoA Discount Code back before the convention started. I do not know if it will work this year but I believe it is worth trying.

I had signed up for all of the HoA events I wanted as soon as I could. We get the discount because we’re popular and our events fill up quickly for the same reason. My schedule was still pretty open and when we got the discount code, I decided to try a miniatures game that looked interesting that had some slots open. I entered the code and added the games to my itinerary. When I paid for the games with my discount the site put the remaining funds back on my card.

The lesson here is that if you have any events that you believe will not fill up, save them for when we get the HoA discount code.

-Sam
MacShidhe

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 04, 2019 1:17 am

MacShidhe wrote:The lesson here is that if you have any events that you believe will not fill up, save them for when we get the HoA discount code.

-Sam

I've never had a problem getting into any HoA games ;)

Ok now onto a serious note. Apparently I REALLY dropped the ball as far as event registration goes. It goes live tomorrow at 11am. Sorry for the short notice (though I'm betting most of you knew it already).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events