Dr. Manhatten goes to Origins

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Dr. Manhatten goes to Origins

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:53 pm

We have left the convention and are turning off 3rd street onto the expressway. Jeremy starts to say something about a good con and i shout an interruption.

"I DON'T WANNA GO HOME! TAKE ME BACK TO CHARLIE!!!!!"

we laugh.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Attention Origins attendees:

It is now 4pm. The 2020 Origins Games Fair is now ended. Thank you for participating this year and we hope to see you again next year.

You all usually miss that announcement.

I hope the thread brought you some laughs and called up some good stuff you had forgotten.

Like any convention year, feel free to keep adding stories.

I will see you all in a year.

-Dave
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Dave especially and all, thanks for the memories of Origins past. The discussions hit a needed spot for this year. Some of these memories were special (The Baron), and some of these memories were oh, that's right this happened. Work lately has noted that I usually take the same time off in June and asked what am I doing, They would not understand what I do, so I tell them the truth. I am going to a family reunion, one where we have fun and catch up. What they don't know is that it is not a family by blood, but one I have chosen. What is the thing I miss most this year? The games? The dealers rooms? No, what I miss the most are the meals we have together. A family gets together for 5 days, and the meals are so important because we are discussing with those we love what is important to us. People have wondered in on conversations that they don't understand and I explain that it is a continuation of a conversation we had last year. Most never understand, but some recognize the importance. I have laughed at these posts, pondered to remember these posts, and shed a few tears at these posts. I miss all of you terribly, but understand to be safe we will miss our physical get together this year. This thread was, is, and always will be priceless. Thank you...
cpugs

Postby kenderleech » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:56 pm

It is 2019. I am going to go to Alexandra and Sams to relax for a bit post con before i drive to Indy. everyone else has gone their own way from the room after we finished and picked up. Someone abandoned the bottle of Malort on a table in the hallway. I am walking out of the bathroom, and see the label, my eyes recognizing the danger it presents. I hear a voice filled with wonder say "OOOOO Whats this?" I am tempted to actually claim the bottle to keep them from sampling it, and use it to kill weeds or racoons or something. I decide not to. This will be a valuable life lesson for her. Do Not Drink the alcohol that Strangers leave laying about.

I giggle about it all the way to my car.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Charlie, you should tell work the truth...you are going on a 5 day masters class in creative problem solving and small group management. Then dock it as a business expense.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:39 pm

cpugs wrote:This thread was, is, and always will be priceless. Thank you...

And that's what I was waiting for. Charlie, who's been quietly watching in the background, letting all the newbies and the loud players just do their thing, because he's happy just being there, quietly begins speaking and his words have just the effect he was looking for. The topping on the delicious cake of remembrance.

Thanks Charlie, and you're right. This thread is priceless. I will make sure it's safe.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:33 am

*chuckles*

These aren't even the GOOD stories.

I have enough to do this again. Just slightly less family safe and twice as embarrassing for some folks. (You know who you are and are welcome)
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Reading these has been fun, and tearful at the same time. I haven't gone to Origins in a few years, and I am missing you all more and more as I read these stories.

I NEED to get one thing straightened out though, the reason I played game 1 or 2 again and again, was for the fact that I was supposed to be a back up GM, in case we had more people and needed to run another table. Which while it did happen a couple of times, most of the time, the games had started, I was sitting off in a corner reading or working on a puzzle book, and was told to go play, or that they needed another person at the table for some reason or another. Believe me, it's hard to try to pretend you don't know what's going to happen, when you've played or run the games so much, and I am sorry, but I don't have much of a poker face, to hide when the good stuff it about to happen. :P :twisted:

I miss you all very much!! :cry:
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Today, 2020...

I have been kinda tired and groggy for the last 2 days. Slept like a rock Sunday and Monday night. I didn't even go to Origins and my body is behaving like i am sleep deprived! What a rip off. I demand a refund!
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:02 pm

I was gonna let it slip by, honest.

But right now, my stomach is supposed to be full of Mongolian Stir fry and I should be settling in for a playtest.

I miss you all.

And just because it needs saying...

"BURN IT! BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND!!!!"
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:37 am

Here it is a year and a half later, I'm just puttering around the forum because... And this thread catches my eye. I haven't read it in some time, and it's only 6 pages long...

I want to see you all again, RIGHT NOW!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:50 pm

Shifting to Rorshach...

You will ask to see me again right now and I will look down and say, "No"
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:41 pm

its early october, 2021. I didnt even make it out of town before work called me. Saw some people, talked to others. took a lot of pictures to make mark jealous. friday night: someone smashes out the window in my van in the parking garage. Sunday morning, my morning girl threatens to quit if i cant find coverage. I finish domingo, Drive home minus a window, put on my uniform and go to work for 6 hours.

Thats right, I got three years worth of ken luck in one con.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:29 am

You can bank that for future cons.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:59 pm

Can someone else hold this ken luck for me? It seems to be getting into my work.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2022 10:49 pm

Here it is, just over one month shy of two years since this thread started. Started because Dave wanted to help all the rest of us weather the awfulness that was keeping us apart. In just a few short weeks we will be getting back together, all of us, for the first time in nearly 3 years. My heart aches because of how much I miss all of you.

Reread the thread and it all just brought up how much I am looking forward to this.

See you soon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 12, 2022 5:42 am

Ok, gang... when do we tell Mark we are all staying home?

Wait...i can predict the future now.

It's Thursday 2022. We are standing in the lobby of the Hyatt at 5:30 pm (Mark's game is almost wapped) we are hungry and unsure where to try to go for food beca7se BD's is no longer an option.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Sat May 21, 2022 9:37 pm

its 2022. 17 days before the con. event reg is messed up. *EDIT-REMOVED FOR SAFETY OF PARTICIPANTS*
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Sun May 22, 2022 9:32 am

Don't say that. Don't ever say that.

You know there are things that normally happen at Origins and are bad.

I am looking forward to a very unusual Origins where on site reg. works smoothly, tables are accurately assigned, food service is not disrupted by construction, roads to Columbus are clear, hotel rooms are ready and waiting, elevators work, All the dealers have one copy left at discount for me, Mark finishes events on time and that other thing I really don't want to jinx.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Sun May 22, 2022 11:00 am

You're right dave. I edited my post.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 23, 2022 8:19 am

kenderleech wrote:You're right dave. I edited my post.

Heh heh heh
salamanca wrote:Mark finishes events on time.

Hey!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Events