background question

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

background question

Postby yves vincene » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Does it cost much to make a background
"We can team up!"

"I'm just doing the right thing"
yves vincene

Re: background question

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 pm

A good question my son, though a bit more appropriate for the Background Forum (which I will move this to shortly). The short answer is, 1-3 Hero Points (when you first make the character) or 3-9 Experience Points (if you take one later).

The longer answer is, Cost depends on how long (or how many) adventures you'd like to go through before the background is resolved. For each HP (or every 3 XP) you put into a Background, I will write 4 adventures* that will have some kind of conclusion for you. Keep in mind that going through each adventure requires you to play your background at a Personal Agendas Adventure (which come around once per Convention). That means you will not be able to Fight a Duel, Buy Stuff, or Gossip (which are other activities you could do at a PA).

*remember you need to write me up a little bit about what you think your background means (and no, you can't invoke the "But I'm Your Son And You Love Me!" rule to get out of the writing).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby yves vincene » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Okay :D
"We can team up!"

"I'm just doing the right thing"
yves vincene

Postby salamanca » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:03 pm

You will also find a bunch of them while playing if you help the right people, oppose the wrong guy or offer to help in a spot that needs it.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Backgrounds