Online PAs?

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Online PAs?

Postby Alejandro » Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Since conventions only happen so often, and not everyone is in one place, were there any thoughts for running Private Agenda adventures online? I love me some 7th Sea action, but I can't always make it to the conventions.
Alejandro

Re: Online PAs?

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Problem with that Alejandro is that turns HoA into a play-by-post. Now I've done my share of PbP (both as player and GM) and my general experience is, people say how interested they are, they get going well in the beginning and then things start going down hill (say by month 3-6) until it just sits there.

In addition, PbP is kind of the antithesis of 7th Sea since it makes progress by inches when swashbuckling is meant to be over the top grandiose.

Lastly I put a lot of work into HoA (I'd say 2-3 hours a day) and putting in a PbP would double that at least. It's time I just don't have.

So while I like the In Character section (in terms of PCs getting to know one another or swap stories like the winged mouse collection) I want this campaign to be face to face.

Becides my wife says I'm a lot cooler in person!

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Orianna » Mon May 21, 2012 9:02 pm

I think Adam meant "online" as in "over Skype or other voice chat."
Orianna

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Ah I see.

Unfortunately it still runs smack dab into the time constratints.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 am

Mark, just to add my feelings on this. If you decide to go ahead and play online, I will be resigning. I hate online play. The whole point is to gather for a social interaction activity. Sitting at home alone in front of a box is not interacting regardless of what the media tells you.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Alejandro » Tue May 22, 2012 9:01 am

@salamanca: Fair point. I'd rather play in person, too, to be honest. I'm just sad I'll be missing Gen Con this year.
Alejandro

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Alejandro wrote:@salamanca: Fair point. I'd rather play in person, too, to be honest. I'm just sad I'll be missing Gen Con this year.

There's always OGC :D

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Alejandro » Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Origins? Yeah, I'll be there for HoA episodes 1 and 2, and PA.
Alejandro

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 pm

OGC (Open Gaming Convention) in Nashua NH http://www.ogc-con.com Runs end of July.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Plan for domingo gigante on Sunday and you can probably get your way into a session of 3 or 4 as well.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Writing Feedback