Origins was a blast

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

Origins was a blast

Postby TheWildFerret » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi all,

My friend and I played on Friday and immediately popped over here and signed up. I was the Eisen Swordsman and she was the Voldacci Courtesan. Had an incredibly fun time thanks to Sam running and the rest of the crew that played along.

So we decided to get the books and make our own characters (based off the pregens... after all everyone remembers the hungry Eisen...). So we will need to do some reading but we are excited to continue our adventures.

I did have one question, we played at a Gen Con several years ago (Episode 2) but not sure where those papers might be (moved since then so they are probably in a box somewhere). Is there a way to recoup some XP from that or are we just SOL?

Finally, will you all be going to Total Con? Cause you know, we might make a special trip up that way just to play again. heh

Thanks and looking forward to many more adventures
TheWildFerret

Re: Origins was a blast

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:46 pm

Mark here! And sure, I can answer all your questions!

1) Regarding Ep. 2 and the lost xp. No problems at all recovering it. Just assume you got 7xp (which is what we award nowadays) and you're good to go. If you want the official xp sheet, just let me (or another GM) know and we can fill out another.

Just remember if you built your character with the xp boost from the retired adventures (we give the newbies by 4xp for each retired adventure so no one will be totally outclassed when we play) you would only add +3 xp when making your character (since you'd have already gotten 4 of them).

As for contacts, money and other stuff, we can work that out when we see each other.

2) Ok bad news first, TotalCon is probably off the books for now (they invited a problematic guest two years ago, and I didn't want any of our players to be worried about their safety), I have not heard whether they will continue to invite him, so that could change.

But GOOD news, there is another regional con that is not far away (and bonus for me, it's far closer to me) called Rising Phoenix Con (https://risingphoenixgamecon.com/) April 22-24 that we will be attending!

One final add for me, I noticed you said you were buying the books. I am guessing you got the PDFs but if you are interested in the actual books I have a few extras I am selling (you can find the list on the first pinned topic in Mundane Matters
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby TheWildFerret » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:25 pm

Great to know about the con, we were looking specifically for cons you all are going to be at so no problems switching to a different con with plenty of warning hehehe

Yup we have the PDFs but we are bibliophiles. Sure PDFs are great for traveling but nothing like that tactile feel when sitting at the table at home going over stuff. Thanks for the heads up, I'll pop over to your pinned topic and see about picking up some books then :)
TheWildFerret

Postby kenderleech » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:20 pm

I dont know what part of the country you are in, But I live in Indianapolis, and Run at several local cons. Whosiercon (sometimes Hoosiercon), Inconjunction, and Itsnotacon.
kenderleech

Postby TheWildFerret » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:19 pm

We are way down south in Texas :)
TheWildFerret

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:56 pm

Now I just have to ask since my wife is from Houston, whereabouts in Texas are you from?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby TheWildFerret » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:33 am

DFW area :) I'm originally from Virginia :)
TheWildFerret

Postby salamanca » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Well, you may as well clarify which area there, someone will ask.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Welcome