XP for Swordsman School

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

XP for Swordsman School

Postby groovy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:51 pm

I've been thinking about my character's future advancement, and a question came up. I can't remember who, but another player of the campaign said that buying a swordsman school costs 50XP, but if you already have the associated skills that go with it, it's -10 per associated skill you already have. Is this legit? Thanks.
groovy

Re: XP for Swordsman School

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:25 pm

There is a discount but it is -5 for each swordsman lnack you have. And Exploit Weakness never overlaps with another school.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:39 am

Fun bit of trivia, there was never an official rule regarding the discount. There was some discussion but you will not find any rules about it in any book. Where it came from is the old Crystal Keep cheatsheets. Apparently the creator heard/read an interview about them and added them in (talk about thorough!) Its become so engrained, we all use it.

So there you go :)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby groovy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:41 am

Wait, so is it -10 XP for the skills (like Courtier and Fencing), or is it -5 XP for the knacks (like Lunge, Riposte)?
groovy

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:42 am

It's -10xp if you already have the apprentice ability and then an additional -5xp for each swordschool knack (lunge, riposte, block, etc.) that you already have.

EDIT: You can find it in the Base Handbook p. 7
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby groovy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:59 pm

Got it, thanks.
groovy

Return to Welcome