Background - Dr. Miguel Contreras

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Re: Background - Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 am

Sister Sonya wrote:You know, I believe a young nobleman could use all of the help that he can get, while establishing himself in a new town. I recommend a large donation or tithe to the Church of the Prophets.

May Thues be with you, my son!

Thank you for the blessing Sister. Although Altamira is not a new town for me, I will give my usual tithe to the Church of the Prophets.
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby salamanca » Wed May 16, 2012 10:37 pm

And Mike once again blurts out something for me to twist and use to fill the last hole I needed to fill. Gracias.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Dave, so once I get the exploit weakness skill at GenCon, is that the end of my background that I spent 2 points towards or does it contunue a little more?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Dr. Miguel Contreras wrote:Dave, so once I get the exploit weakness skill at GenCon, is that the end of my background that I spent 2 points towards or does it contunue a little more?

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You'll find out! (ok hint Mark, 2HP is 8 adventures)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Oh gotcha, I thought it was only 4. Great, I'm looking forward to what you have in store (or maybe not :? )
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:23 pm

I have the noble advantage which pays 500g a month and I forgetting to ask, how many months has it been in game now (I've played all 8 mods)?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Dr. Miguel Contreras wrote:I have the noble advantage which pays 500g a month and I forgetting to ask, how many months has it been in game now (I've played all 8 mods)?

I'm conferring with my co-GMs Mark and I'll get back to you on this.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Have you been tithing all along, Dr. Contreras? :D
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:07 am

Sister Sonya wrote:Have you been tithing all along, Dr. Contreras? :D

Tithing aside, every game 'year' (this being Year 4) is one month. So you should have an extra 2,000G available to you at this point.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 pm

And that goes for all players with monthly income from nobility, commissions or whatever. Which means Romeo now has...(carry the 1) no money.
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Ok thanks. I will add the 2,000G to my character sheet and then deduct 200G for my tithe to the church.
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:08 pm

May Theus bless you, Dr. Contreras!
Sister Sonya

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:May Theus bless you, Dr. Contreras!

:D
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 pm

I was thinking about getting a Tyro as a Knight of the Rose and Cross. At character creation it costs 2HP so does that mean it now would cost 4xp or 6xp? Also, it says that I can use 50HP to create him. Can I also give him a Hubris to give him 10 more HP? Does he need to be Castillian or can he be from another nation?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 pm

The one big change we're doing for HoA from the regular rules is as regards to followers, Mark. The problem with them is that we end up with even more heroes at the table (potentially twice as many per adventure). So we just decided to remove them from contention.

Now that's not to say you can't get a Tyro. But in my mind it'd be something far more akin to, say, having a new player show up, for example, during Year 10 with a character who wants to be a Knight. We could always have that person become your Tyro (or alternately, one of our current PCs who gains enough interest and wishes to join could become your Tyro).

No points would be necessary, but you'd be expected to teach him/her the same way that you would an NPC Tyro (so imagine its more of a roleplaying experience as opposed to another advantage).

We (as in you and all of us GMs) can talk more about that should you be interested.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:01 pm

If he/she's Eisen, I suggest the name be "Fodder". :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:06 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:The one big change we're doing for HoA from the regular rules is as regards to followers, Mark. The problem with them is that we end up with even more heroes at the table (potentially twice as many per adventure). So we just decided to remove them from contention.

Now that's not to say you can't get a Tyro. But in my mind it'd be something far more akin to, say, having a new player show up, for example, during Year 10 with a character who wants to be a Knight. We could always have that person become your Tyro (or alternately, one of our current PCs who gains enough interest and wishes to join could become your Tyro).

No points would be necessary, but you'd be expected to teach him/her the same way that you would an NPC Tyro (so imagine its more of a roleplaying experience as opposed to another advantage).

We (as in you and all of us GMs) can talk more about that should you be interested.

Gotcha, makes sense. I'll just wait and see if someone wants to be trained as a Knight of the Rose and Cross.
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Conversely,.you could follow Sgt. Marco's example and select a viable recruit with sufficient society interest (say 5 or more points) and just insist they join you for the greater good.
salamanca

Previous

Return to Backgrounds