Background - Don Gallo!

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Background - Don Gallo!

Postby ZombieTonyBlair » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:29 am

Paublo Manuel was born to poor peasant farmers, and his parents died fording a river in their oxen cart when he was very young. He was taken in by some of the ranch hands at El Rancho Acosa, where he quickly showed an aptitude for training the bulls the ranch was famous for. While he was well treated by the ranch hands, lacking the proper family that is at the core of the Castillian personal identity, Paublo latched onto the idea of bull-fighting as a replacement. The bull-fighting ring became his life: its bulls his daily companions, it's heroes his distant relatives, and it's prestige the only thing in life worth having. Paublo swore to himself that one day he would be the greatest of all bullfighters, and for nine years the boy scrimped and saved every scrap of wages he could get his hands on, until he had enough to convince an old, bitter, and long retired bullfighter to teach him the trade. Paublo took to it like a fish to water, years of hard work and determination finally paying off.

For 3 more years the boy worked the ranch by day and practised his true love at night, until he was a boy no longer. But the name Paublo Manuel meant little to anyone beyond a few other dayworkers at El Rancho Acosa, an orphaned boy who would never amount to much in the larger world. So Paublo took up his sword, cape and a new, grand name, one destined to be shouted in bull-fighting rings all over Castille. The newly christened Don Gallo set out for Altimira to make his name and fortune, and secure his place in legends of the bullring for all time.
Last edited by ZombieTonyBlair on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ZombieTonyBlair

Re: Background - Don Gallo!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:56 am

Just a reminder, the quicker you can get it to me the better your chances I'll have something for GenCon... (even if it's just a rough idea).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Background: Don Gallo (3)

Does anything more really need to be said?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby ZombieTonyBlair » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Just a reminder, the quicker you can get it to me the better your chances I'll have something for GenCon... (even if it's just a rough idea).

I'm in the middle of moving and am pretty busy. Also Altimira Personal Agendas conflicts with the Heroes of Rokugon Political interactive. Both are unique events (and xp) that won't be available again.

The background is going to be an embellishment on this simple topic: Don Gallo wants to fight bulls.
ZombieTonyBlair

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:32 pm

ZombieTonyBlair wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote:Just a reminder, the quicker you can get it to me the better your chances I'll have something for GenCon... (even if it's just a rough idea).

I'm in the middle of moving and am pretty busy. Also Altimira Personal Agendas conflicts with the Heroes of Rokugon Political interactive. Both are unique events (and xp) that won't be available again.

The background is going to be an embellishment on this simple topic: Don Gallo wants to fight bulls.

So are you going to make it to the PA at GenCon? I just need the background if you want something ready by then. If not, take your time.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:22 am

Oh, I think we can accomodate that request... Now, when you say "bulls", that does imply fighting more than one. So we shall get to see the great Don Gallo fight 3 bulls...no make that 5...naw, it's Don Gallo make it 10....yeah, better stop at 10 bulls at the same time. Look, whatever you do keep your real identity concealed. Masks are a hero's best friend in this city. Guys who don't wear masks are totally down the list in terms of fame in Altamira.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby ZombieTonyBlair » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Update: stopped being lazy and finished typing up the short backstory. Next on the angenda, find my post gencon character sheet and update Don Gallo's stats on the forums.
ZombieTonyBlair

Return to Backgrounds