Countdown to UCon 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to UCon 2014

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:51 pm

November 14-16, ucon-gaming.org

RP-FR19-01 GM: Anne Stevenson
7th Sea: The Voyage of the
Persephone
30 players 1-A
Friday 7p-11p Conference A
What should have been an easy passenger run
from Avalon to Montaigne turns out to be much
more than the crew or guests expected. A 7th
Sea live-action-roleplaying game; costumes are
welcomed and encouraged! Contact the GM
for more info and possible character assignments:
Elaine242@gmail.com General Audie
nce (13+) $3.00
Sister Sonya

Re: Countdown to UCon 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:35 pm

So to see where this was, I had to look up ucon-gaming.org. Turns out its in Ann Arbor MI. JUST a bit outside my, drop by on the weekend range (Though to be fair, it IS closer than Origins).

Are you running something there Mike?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:37 pm

It MIGHT be closer to you than GenCon but it is not closer to you than Origins.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:05 pm

According to Google Maps if I head through upstate NY then through Canada to Detroit its 746 miles. Via my regular route to Columbus is 756 miles.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:56 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Are you running something there Mike?

Nope. But, I've attended three of the last four U-Cons.

This is the first time that I've noted a 7th Sea anything, and am pretty certain to attend this event in November...
Sister Sonya

Postby Angela Valdez » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:14 pm

I have always been wary of LARPs. I usually don't play guys as characters (in Table Top games) because they generally act just like I would in any given situation. In LARPs, do people play against their RL gender?
Angela Valdez

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:04 am

Angela Valdez wrote:I have always been wary of LARPs. I usually don't play guys as characters (in Table Top games) because they generally act just like I would in any given situation. In LARPs, do people play against their RL gender?

<Chuckles> Well, the biggest issue as far as I am concerned is standing around on my feet for hours! The second issue is that I have few acting skills to try to seem to become another person- let alone a person of a different gender.

But, people are mostly a lot alike, whether they have a different gender, are from different culture, or are from a different time!

And, there is enough information available, in print, in film/video, in interacting with others in real life, and in our imaginations, for each of us to make the attempt to assume another role: Role Playing.

And we can hang a sign around our necks with another name, wear clothing of another genre (and gender), and even (attempt to) act as that other individual, as best we are able!

So, how do most of us do in trying to create that illusion? Not all that well in my own case, but, I have fun all the same in that attempt! And, I hope it isn't too onerous a task for others to attempt interact with me!
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Mike has cross-gender Larped at all 4 of my 7th sea events and the only issue people have really had was the disconnect created by his moustache. Ms. Brenner also crossed over to play Tomas this year and everybody was cool with that. (and for the record, Angela was converted and printed out just in case you showed up to play at Origins). I tend to roll with the players regardless of their choice on the matter. I would have let you play Angela if you wanted or handed you a Male pregen if you preferred. But I would always advise contacting the GM in advance if there is an email or something listed.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:52 am

salamanca wrote:Mike has cross-gender Larped at all 4 of my 7th sea events ...

Women are more interesting than men. :D
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:56 am

<sigh>

RP-FR19-01 GM: Anne Stevenson
7th Sea: The Voyage of the
Persephone

The U-Con staff had not yet updated their website when I noted the event. This event took place last year! Too bad!

I asked her to run another 7th Sea LARP next year. She said she has been running one every other year.
Sister Sonya

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Prior to HoA, I've also LARPed as a male character too.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Return to Events