Origins 2022

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Origins 2022

Postby salamanca » Sun May 29, 2022 10:42 pm

David owns Baldman games. They handle all the D&D league stuff for the major cons. Their last "normal" gencon handled something like 8,000 players over 4 days.

Does it make him any good? No idea. But if he can wrangle 2,500 GMs, he is an organizational savant if nothing else.

I would guess as a Geek and Sundry host, Satine has an appearance fee and the charge for the workshop is to cover a portion of that. Not my thing but I am sure somebody thinks this sort of workshop is well worth it. Bob Ross used to do similar things. What you get out of it is direct exposure to their work process and a chance to get a few tips on your own efforts.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sun May 29, 2022 11:27 pm

Actually, from the write-up for the Baldman games session, it looks like it actually includes four 4 hour sessions. And it sounds like it's in at least a semi-private area, so likely not quite as chaotic as a normal con game (though for me, that's part of the fun).

And I agree that the significant upcharge for Satine's workshop is likely to cover her appearance fee. She's also done some stuff with the Critical Role folks in addition to hosting on Geek and Sundry.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 30, 2022 11:55 am

A week from today I will be running around like a crazy person trying to get the last of my stuff ready and then panicking about needing to go to bed early because I have to get up early tomorrow for the

FIRST DAY OF ORIGINS*!!!

*well, my first day, remember I count every moment I am driving there.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm

I heard there was a possibility of Matt and Jenny showing up. I may have to shave my beard off again mid convention.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:48 am

So the one non-HoA event that I signed up for just got cancelled....
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:37 pm

CaitlinCallahan wrote:So the one non-HoA event that I signed up for just got cancelled....
I think the cosmos is trying to tell you something...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:05 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
CaitlinCallahan wrote:So the one non-HoA event that I signed up for just got cancelled....
I think the cosmos is trying to tell you something...

And I'm okay with the message! :D

ONE WEEK!!!!!
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:13 am

CaitlinCallahan wrote:And I'm okay with the message! :D

ONE WEEK!!!!!

Pshaw, 5 DAYS!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:53 am

I pinged GAMA again about the generic gaming sites, pointing out that we start playing in less than a week. Their response was that they still have 700+ to place, and it should be done early next week. I hope it is by Monday, or on Wednesday there will be lots of people wandering around looking for players and GM's. Chalk it up to a software package that is really limited for scheduling out events.
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:38 am

cpugs wrote:I pinged GAMA again about the generic gaming sites, pointing out that we start playing in less than a week.

Charlie, ALWAYS one step ahead of everyone else.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:55 am

The two map offerings don't seem to give us any clue as to where the games are to be held.

GCCC First Floor and A aren't very helpful, as neither are on either map. Does my having a 20 inch Sony Trinitron CRT that I bought used 20 years ago mean that the entries are too small for me to read!?

And, your visual aids seems to be a little out of date, Mark.
MichaelB

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:09 pm

When I accessed the "Venue" option through TTE, it looks like "A Roleplaying Games" really is just a placeholder. TTE gives you the option of selecting a room in the GCCC to see what's happening at that location, and any of the actual named rooms do not currently have any activities listed (which appears to be in line with what Charlie shared).
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:18 pm

MichaelB wrote:And, your visual aids seems to be a little out of date, Mark.

All (well all that I could find) have now been updated. GCCC's map is spectacular btw.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:58 pm

Does it list all the spots i have run a game? That is a very spot covered map...like a leopard.

If the staff does not get the rooms scheduled before gaming starts, there are going to be 4 major issues.

-The onsite event book will be totally useless. And that is too late to fix already.

- Nobody will have a game go off on time because nobody knows where to go.

-the app will again be useless and probably crash when some fool tries to update it during the con.

-volunteer event staff will be catching hell because few of them know where anything is in the center. And there are not enough of them anyhow.

I am now expecting things will go off like a combination of the year we got stuck in the hallway and the year the registration system crashed hard and nobody had tickets.

That was the year when GMs just stepped out in the hall and started calling out what they were running and pointing others to games they knew needed bodies. It was very grassroots and worked itself out.

We are smarter than the system. We will figure out a way to make it work, we always do.

When we know where we are, we will post it in this thread so you all can stalk us.
salamanca

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:07 pm

As I explained to Cynthia Tuck many days ago, I still don't see TTE.

She never got back to me.
MichaelB

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:14 pm

Sal's games will be in the C Hall Bathroom
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby cpugs » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:15 pm

I started putting my laundry away when I said I have to pack in a couple of days, why not do it now. By the time I was done I was 90% packed (toiletries and dice/characters/badge are the last thing into the bag...). And yes, I realize dice alone should be 50% of my stuff. Is this a bad thing???
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:55 pm

Dice, deodorant, toothpaste, a mask, and pants. Everything else is optional.

Yes, Ken, you may count your Kilt in the pants section.

Hey, you may find a post in the 2021 thread from me about wasting all that extra time I could have used to write the PA. Good news, it is note finished than Origins table assignments. (I am not a rolemodel) and for the record, nothing about the plot has changed in 2 years since i got the idea. Details have changed but not the plot. I could run it in a heartbeat but I have to do a written version for Ken's shift.

I am literally the biggest slacker at Origins and the Okayest GM.
salamanca

Postby daundelyon » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:07 pm

This happened last month. The place is cursed or something.
https://www.fox13news.com/news/see-it-t ... -at-70-mph
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby salamanca » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:36 pm

Well, that's one way to avoid parking fees.
salamanca

Postby Watcher487 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:44 pm

daundelyon wrote:This happened last month. The place is cursed or something.
https://www.fox13news.com/news/see-it-t ... -at-70-mph

Ken posted about a couple of pages ago. I will continue to respond with "American judge gives 7.5 out of 10"
Watcher487

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:16 pm

Car Wars LARP.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:58 pm

"... and screw this particular concrete plant pot in particular."
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:03 am

At least no harm came to the weird giant head.

Are we there yet?

Did you all start?

No, Stephen, Jeremy has not picked me up yet. We shall be leaving later than now.

Mark, don't forget to hand out cards forbthe first session.

Dude, I am passing your house...are you sure you can't go? You have been saying you want to for a decade.

I will text you when we get there.

You have to press the Green key to skip the PIN .

In the white box.

Green key for that too. I will, no tey needed, thanks again.

No, we still have not left akd I swear we are nowhere near Ashland...really.

Green button, follow prompt, geeen button, prompt, green button, wait... top button on right. The manual is sitting under the device. Thanks for covering.

I will let you know when we get there. I swear we have bot stopped at the Cheesebarn.

Red button until it stops beeping!

Stephen, i swear i am not lying, he just got here and we are bot even remotely close to the soccer stadium.

(Don't mind me, i am just planning my texts for the drive down wednesday.)
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:59 am

But which soccer stadium? The open one or the now closed one?
smafdi

PreviousNext

Return to Events