OGC - Open Gaming Convention 2023

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

OGC - Open Gaming Convention 2023

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 02, 2023 5:19 pm

HoA makes its triumphant return to OGC this year! We'll be there for all three days running our usual gamut of old and new adventures! Here's everything you need to know.

OGC Open Gaming Convention 2023
July 14-16

219 Littleton Road
Westford, MA 01886
(978) 692-8200

Our Events:
Friday
2pm-6pm Ep 21 - Siege Warfare and Flashback
8pm-12am THE 7th Sea OGC Event and Flashback

Saturday
9am-1pm Ep 21 - Siege Warfare and Flashback
2pm-6pm Ep 22 - Loose Ends and Flashback
8pm-12am Personal Agendas

Sunday
9am-1pm DOMINGO GIGANTE!

I'll be running all the newest stuff and Patrick (and Megan if there's overflow) will run Flashbacks.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: OGC - Open Gaming Convention 2023

Postby salamanca » Tue May 02, 2023 7:15 pm

Mark, I need to know the dates.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 03, 2023 3:00 pm

whoopsie doodles. Fixing it now.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 09, 2023 10:46 am

Events have been approved and are now up on the Events List!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:35 pm

Convention is in just 2 Days! Hope to see you there!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:29 pm

Sorry, I have to work.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:38 pm

I know (one of the) boss(es), I could put in the good word for you ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:16 pm

So, how was the con?
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:38 pm

Sorry needed a couple of days to recoup. Ok my assessment.
First, its a small con with all that entails so here's my good/bad/a mix of both...

GOOD
Small con means I get to spend a lot more time with folks I don't often see. And that reminds me of...

Saw not one, not two, but three folks I was doubting I would ever see again! They all showed up for both adventures AND the PA, and it was glorious!

Speaking of, the PA itself. All credit goes to Dave, "The Audit" did exactly what I expected it to. They were even doing the Wayne's World flashback thingie after the first flashback. Many, MANY groans were had and all of them got into the spirit of the thing.

The individual sessions of the PA were also a hit. I found EVERY SINGLE Background that was asked for and even started a new way to keep track of them so we don't have to go through this idiotic "where might they be THIS time?" thing... (we'll see if it actually works).

BAD
Not nearly enough time. I always want more and it always seems we're just hitting our stride when it comes time to go...

The Drunk Driver - On my way home from the con at 1am on Sunday morning, some dude saw fit to (I believe) have WAY too many alcoholic drinks and get on the freeway. Now I can't say for certain that drugs or alcohol was the root cause, but this dude straddled both white lines at least 3 times each side just as I was catching up with him. Got his plate and called the staties who seemed really uninterested in my report. Only upside was I didn't see him crash/kill anyone while he was still in my sight.

MIXED
The "Girl's Game" Adventure - NOTE before I get into this I named it after exactly as it was named in the con, which is why its in "MIXED" not "GOOD" The adventure was great! The players and I had a great time, as usual. But the name really bugged me. So I asked if there was something else we could call it (my suggestion was "THE Friday Night OGC 7th Sea Game" but that's a bit cumbersome.

I didn't actually run any regular HoA games - Sounds bad initially but what I did in place of that was run a second game for the ladies Saturday afternoon instead. So I ended up running 2 one-shot games, at Trial by Fire game and the PA. All in all not terribly bad.

Sunday - I left early (Jenny wanted some time to do her thing) so I didn't get to stay for the whole con :( BUT I did get to spend some time with the kiddos. So there was that!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:41 pm

Glad to hear you had fun!!! And VERY glad you were neither witness to nor involved in an accident on the way home!

Had a similar experience many years ago. My friends and I were followed home from the city on the expressway by a couple of guys in a pickup truck who very obviously had open alcohol in the car with them. Between the alcohol, and the fact that we were three young women being followed, we called the police, let them know where we were headed, and the pickup was suddenly surrounded by about half a dozen squad cars. Never did find out what eventually happened to the guys.....
CaitlinCallahan

Return to Events