Countdown to Total Confusion 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Total Confusion 2013

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 am

That is comforting, Laura!

My PAYPAL remittance came to $22.94 for Saturday plus 6 generic tickets, which doesn't seem to compute either!

Of course it could be dementia settling in...
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Mike,
I found all the events and none are sold out. It looks like everything is right where it should be. Just look at the starting time (so for saturday, look at 8am-10am section) and there are two events, neither of which is sold out.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Mark:

Yeah, I looked at the site from the Library over lunch, and there they were. But, I didn't see them at 5:45 AM.

Hopefully, they will be there tonight. Or, maybe I should cancel my plans and buy a new PC instead...
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 am

A Ms. Graham has corrected things and I now supposedly am signed up for three events on Saturday.

Now, all I need is an explanation why PAYPAL has a surcharge of 20%! My $19 cost became $22.93!!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 am

Yea, that's past my pay grade. 6 weeks to go!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Just over 5 weeks to go! Got all our new GMs HoA shirts and distributed one of them (for TC) Now I just gotta hope my GMs read all the adventures they're gonna be running ;)

Pretty soon I gotta make sure all my stuff is ready to go. As you can see, I'm very excited!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:22 am

FOUR AND A HALF WEEKS!

And now it appears I will be part of a panel discussing how to make excellent NPCs. (don't know the date/time yet, I'll mention it when I learn)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:14 am

2 weeks in to Registration and 2 sold out events (Episode 1 and 5, both on Thurs)...

Also, since I don't want to wait till the last minute, I sent in the xp sheet files to Kinkos and made sure I had all the adventures, handouts, and paperwork necessary to run all our adventures at TC (which includes having 11 sets of the HoA cards to hand out).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Saturday
7pm-11pm – Heroes of Altamira, Personal Agendas

Sunday
10am-2pm – DOMINGO GIGANTE!

So it turns out I'm going to be at a Redneck Life LARP most of this week. I'm scheduled to get into Logan just after 1 on Saturday. Assuming the flights all go smoothly I'll try to come up Saturday night. Mark can you hold me a slot in PA? If I could get you to do eps 5-6 back to back in DG that would be even better. If so could you hold me a slot there as well? I'm going to hold off on reging just in case there are flight issues, no chance of that happening during the winter and with a connection through LaGuardia right?
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 am

No worries, I doubt we're gonna have 16+ players show (and if we do, I'll co-opt Eric into taking a third table). As for DG you won't be able to do both 5&6, but you could do one (its only 4 hours long).

And don't forget, I'll be running stuff at OGC too (that will include 5&6)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

If I drive you relentlessly we can do 8 hours of adventure in 4 hours. :twisted:

It is GIGANTE! after all.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm

spizio wrote:If I drive you relentlessly we can do 8 hours of adventure in 4 hours. :twisted:

It is GIGANTE! after all.

It'll be Laura running DG! I'll be over in the kiddos area running Toon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:31 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:And now it appears I will be part of a panel discussing how to make excellent NPCs. (don't know the date/time yet, I'll mention it when I learn)

Got the final notification about Panels. I'll be on three, all on Friday Morning.

Publishing Your Game Friday 9am
Dealing with Difficult Tables Friday 10am
Creating Memorable NPCs Friday 11am

The first, I'm positively at a loss about what to say (maybe something about Kickstarter or going with someone famous) The second, I'll make sure to bring my solid-steel d20 (and my 10 thorny d10s). Though I think I want to discuss the idea of the Black Drama Die and my preference for reinforcement over punishment. The third is the one I'm really looking forward to.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 am

Well I think it's high time we switched from weeks to days... 25 days to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 am

Checked in with the events list this morning and we now have 5 sold out events! If you're curious here's the list again (adjusted for sold out)

Thursday
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 1: The Road to Altamira - SOLD OUT
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 3: Gentleman's Wager
7pm-11pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 5: Evil Intent - SOLD OUT

Friday
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 2: Fear and Surprise
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 4: A Small Favor
7pm-11pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 6: The Balance of Profit

Saturday
8am-12pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 3: Gentleman's Wager
8am-12pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 5: Evil Intent - SOLD OUT
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 4: A Small Favor
1pm-5pm – Heroes of Altamira, Ep. 6: The Balance of Profit - SOLD OUT
7pm-11pm – Heroes of Altamira, Personal Agendas - SOLD OUT

But remember, if there's a sold out one you 'need' to get into, show up we always have a few more seats available...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 am

Checked my plane reservation, printed the Red Roof Inn, Mansfield, details, updated the list of places to go in Boston. Have an old Frommers to take along.

First stop in Boston is to get a discounted commuter Charlie Card, then likely go to Chinatown to eat, and then go to South Station to travel to Mansfield.

Ha!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 am

Sister Sonya wrote:then likely go to Chinatown to eat

Make sure you hit up Durgin Park at some point (famous for 'new england' food and waitresses with attitude)

http://www.arkrestaurants.com/durgin_park.html

Onto other news, THREE WEEKS LEFT!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 am

Seconding Durgin Park. I miss that place big time.

As for Chinatown, dim sum at Chau Chow City!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:THREE WEEKS LEFT!!

Grumble, I DID say switch to days didn't I? Ok 21 days left!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:38 pm

15 Days!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Ok so there's a snowstorm on its way this weekend. My kiddos' schools are closed for fear of Snowmageddon or Snowpocalypse or whatever the heck they're calling it this week. But that's good news since at least it's not showing up two weeks from now!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:42 am

Slipped on the ice in my driveway retrieving the newspapers yesterday morning. I usually pride (hubris) myself knowing how to fall, but the driveway has a decline so I fell on my left side.

Couldn't raise my left arm at all. Got some flak from my HMO when I broke a toe and went to a local ER several years ago, so went to my clinic and waited. Saw a PA instead of a doctor at 8:30, got x-rays at 9, was told I had broken the radius near the elbow. Saw an ortho doctor at 9:30 who said it was just bruising and a strained bicep tendon. He said I could go to work if I really wanted, but I decided to stay home.

I'm just going to stay at home today as well. I have 187.5 hours of sick leave accumulated and will, in all probability, retire at the end of this year. Finally.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 am

Yeow! This gonna affect your trip here Mike?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:09 pm

No Way!

Even if my plane and motel weren't non-refundable, or if there is another 2 1/2 ft. of snow! :D
Sister Sonya

Postby spizio » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:42 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Ok so there's a snowstorm on its way this weekend. My kiddos' schools are closed for fear of Snowmageddon or Snowpocalypse or whatever the heck they're calling it this week. But that's good news since at least it's not showing up two weeks from now!

Nemo, they are calling it Nemo.

No really, it is named after a cute fish, or at least the Weather Channel would like it to be.
spizio

PreviousNext

Return to Events