Countdown to Total Confusion 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Total Confusion 2013

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:09 pm

This new "naming the snowstorm" thing is stupid. I refuse to participate.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 pm

And then suddenly the Nautilus rises from the depths and blows Boston up...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 am

I'm still trying to figure out what a tiny orange striped fish has to do with the snowstorm's name anyway. If anything they should have named it "SnowKraken" if they wanted to name it after something in the sea, cuz a giant Kraken is more related to the weather outside than the little fish.

Wind is up a bit right now, blowing lots of the stuff around. Cars across the street are nothing but snow dunes. It's going to take me forever to shovel out my car. Sigh.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:03 pm

10 More Days till TotalCon!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 am

Went to work today. See the ortho doc tomorrow.

I've two huge bruises above and below the elbow, but the swelling at the elbow has gone down somewhat. I still can't raise my arm, but it's less painful now. I can drive with two hands now, which is good with all of the wind we're having today.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:28 pm

9!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:43 pm

7 (YES ONE WEEK TO GO!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 am

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:46 am

5 DAYS LEFT!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 am

4 DAYS LEFT!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 pm

3 DAYS LEFT!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Ok Mark, we know your excited about this, but your starting to get confusing, which I guess is good, since the name of the convention is Total Confusion, lol. Now, at 12:15 am you posted that there are 4 days left, yet at 9:10 pm on the same day, you say there is 3 days left, lol. So. which is it?? :lol:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 am

Actually the mistake began on the 17th. If you look at the previous post, I said 6 days on the 15th skipped a day and wrote 5 days on the 17th. So yesterday's post just fixed the problem that I'd created earlier.

Oh yea and 2 MORE DAYS!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 am

TOTALCON 2013 (AND HEROES OF ALTAMIRA, YEAR 3) STARTS TOMORROW!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Not for me, lol. Today begins my TC adventure, as I will be leaving soon to go meet the crew and help unload the truck and then help set up.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm

First game is going on right now (and I'm not there to witness it :( ) Got a table of 7 but unfortunately, Ep. 3 only had one person show. Fortunately, he was ok with just sliding over to Ep. 1 and playing that again.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Sitting in the office close by enough to hear them at the table. Sounds like they are having fun. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:15 pm

GREAT NEWS! And to add to it, here are some pics!
Attachments
2013-02-21 13.12.41.jpg
2013-02-21 13.12.45.jpg
2013-02-21 13.12.55.jpg
2013-02-21 13.12.58.jpg

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:22 am

Tired, tired, tired. Got lots of pics and a bunch of new faces

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 pm

As promised, Here's the bulk of the pics. Con started off slow (of the four times we were supposed to run Eps. 3-4, we only actually ran it a total of once), but built in energy right up to the end!
Attachments
IMG_1901.JPG
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_1906.JPG
IMG_1907.JPG
IMG_1908.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG
IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1911.JPG
IMG_1912.JPG
IMG_1913.JPG
IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1915.JPG
IMG_1916.JPG
IMG_1917.JPG

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Sorry for the delay in my recap of Boston and TotalCon.

. Got Charlie Senior Card, went for tourist info on the Common, unfortunately left my self-made itinerary on my desk at work. Ate at restaurant in Chinatown (didn't remember Chau Chow City, sorry LG), took train to Mansfield, walked 1 mile to Red Roof Inn. Almost no snow left from big one two weeks previous.

. Spent most of the day in Cambridge. Much to do will have to wait for next year.

. Went to see Old Ironsides; I was the only tourist for 45 minutes and had the guide to myself. Took the ferry from Charlestown, walked to the Old North Church, had a pizza w/Anchovies at Pizzeria Regina (took the balance back to the hotel).

. Went to Fenway Park and walked around, Spent the rest of the day looking at art galleries and other stuff on Newbury St.

. No early train on Sunday so couldn't go to Sunday Mass at St. Leonard's in Italian. Spent much of the rest of the time eating pastry in the North End. Mike's is overpriced; Bova's raspberry turnover was great; Maria's had an interesting spice cake w/fig filling with dark choclate on top!

. Filled in things I'd missed earlier: Quincy Market, Beacon Hill, covered the Common in the rain, etc.

. Was flying back Tuesday, had no time for much.

The bad news is I did too much walking and now have foot issues. Next year I'm planning on the Symphony, the Opera, two art galleries, and music at Harvard. Bring on Episode 7, 8, and the PA (we won't talk about the climax of 6 this year!).
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:42 pm

I see a cool review of your time in Boston, but I'm not seeing any mention of TC... (oh and sorry about your foot)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 am

[quote="Black Jack Rackham"] I'm not seeing any mention of TC...
Well, I can't very well address Episode 5&6, and my PA couldn't interest many...

The Holiday Inn, besides being 2 miles from the Mansfield Commuter Station, seemed hidden in the middle of nowhere next to the Interstate. Except for the event rooms, the whole place seemed dark and gloomy.

The courtyard was so dark that I wonder how many people would trip and fall each day. The wood chips, or peat moss, or whatever was on the ground most everywhere, was uneven and added to the darkness. Many of the rooms had their doors facing this courtyard; I would be surprised if breakins were not commonplace. The noise level was pretty high in the courtyard as well, as some loud games were conducted there. The men's room seemed clean.

One of the worst venues I've ever seen for a game convention.
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 am

I'd originally decided to room at the Red Roof Inn because it was midpoint between TotalCon and the Mansfield commuter station. So, if I ended up going to the Con all four days I could save some money. Or I could pick and choose which days to go into Boston.

As it turned out, there weren't any events, other than GoSM, that seemed as interesting as Boston itself, so I should have got a motel closer in and just stayed at the RRI for the one day. Pathfinder is a big improvement over D&D 4.0, or any other, but it still has many of the same problems. A lot of the other events had game systems with which I'm unfamiliar. Perhaps they're homegrown, or they're just new and I've not bothered to keep up with new PRGs like I used to do. There is nothing quite like enduring an RPG that tries and fails! Life is too short.

Perhaps I'm just used to the local Cons in my area, and I know which unfamiliar game systems are good for me and what are not.
Sister Sonya

PreviousNext

Return to Events