Countdown to Origins 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2013

Postby cpugs » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

People are wondering why there are tears running down my face during a graduation rehearsal. What they do not know is the call I just got from Columbus Ohio.....
cpugs

Postby spizio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:31 pm

So much for my new horse selling business. The 1669 models were going to be coming in any day. Now I guess it is time to start one of those new fangled glue factories.
spizio

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Well any rumors of bomb threats were incorrect. Turns out an electrical transformer blew in the convention hall which forced an evacuation of the board, card and minis rooms (and the not open dealer area). Those of us in the hyatt section were unaffected. And we love you all. Two HOA sessions are done and we have 10 new players in the fold.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 am

And JUST guess who forgot to get players to sign in (AGAIN!)...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:09 am

I want to thank everybody and I mean everybody who felt that playing heroes of altamira was worth their precious convention time and 4 bucks to play this year. We do this because we love 7th sea but we love 7th sea because your enregy and creativity at our tables entertains us. There are lots of little tales to tell this year and you all can fill your favorites in. Now, every year we get a player that we have not met that tosses us a surprise that takes the convention. The mead hall committee out east, stuff from gencon i'm too tired to list, Corporal Marco and his recruiting drive, etc. This year, origins has brought us Don Gallo!!!. Details will certainly follow.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Mark and I got home safe last night to his house around 4am. I crashed there for a few hours, but just now getting home. Already waiting for next year. Miss you all.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Again, I do apologize if I was snippy to anyone who didn't deserve it. I really need to be more assertive once there's more than 4 at the table... :oops:

(For those that DID deserve it...you got off easy) :evil:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:22 pm

uh oh, so which one am I? ;)

Ok I have achieved something resembling consciousness. But my thinky-thingie doesn't work goodly yet. I will post more when I am cohrerafoagggggfogh... more thinky-righty
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:12 pm

DON GALLO!!!!!
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Jason, I know for a fact that you only shout that when you are up to trouble.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 pm

Don't worry, Mark...you're in the former. 8-)
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Eyeheartawk » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:23 pm

salamanca wrote:Jason, I know for a fact that you only shout that when you are up to trouble.

*finishes assaulting Vaticine clergy*

I have no idea what you're talking about.
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 am

Eyeheartawk wrote:*finishes assaulting Vaticine clergy*

Sister Sonya wrote:Passes information along to the Inquisition.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 am

So, I’m just about caught back up with my sleep and I thought it was high time I make my own list of thanks.

First, thanks to Laura, not only for tolerating my 12 hour long stories but for helping me schlep all the HoA stuff all over hell and back, not to mention being available to run any overflow games that might come up.

Thanks to Dave for running games, luring in players, and in general being the best damn HoA GM around (I heard the stories, and am suitably jealous), not to mention watching my back and helping me be a better GM all the while improving this campaign in your own little ways (with the best side stories and NPC backgrounds I’ve ever been party too) AND helping me improve this campaign to the point its worthy of the hype we’ve put into it.

Thanks to Charlie who, despite not making it this year round, reminded me in a very poignant way, how blessed I am to get to be at Origins every year. AND how bothersome it is to me when someone is missing!

Thanks to my playtesters (Laura, Dave, Roger, Connie, and Jeremy) none of whom are afraid to be critical about the games they playtest. As amazing as it is to say this, it’s difficult to find folks willing to be honest even when the news isn’t good. Without you and your input, I’d have sent out this year’s playtest after only an edit to lessen word count instead of the re-writes and improvements it needs/deserves to be terrific! Thank you all so much.

Thanks to the new folks (there are so many of you) who showed up to give HoA a try this year. Your willingness to commit (even if just a little) to a living campaign shows me what people are saying about our little group. You jumped right in and made your presence known, and in some cases even showed the regulars a thing or two about roleplaying.

Thanks to the regulars (this really includes everyone who’s played more than one game). Your enthusiasm is the reason we do this, and your rabid, almost addict-like need for more is the reason we continue. You really are a terrific group of roleplayers who do your best to make this your campaign as much as it is ours. Simply put, without you, this campaign dies.

Thanks to all of you.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Events