Countdown to Origins 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2013

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 am

Since we're making recommendations, lemme throw out You Too Can Cthulhu. They're running a bunch of stuff but for limited hours. Here's their lists
Friday 1:00 pm
Field Study GM: Bob Geis
Nightmare of Hobbes' Landing GM: Dave Condon
Cthulhu Raids Again GM: Dave Paquette

Saturday 8:00 am
Field Study GM: Bob Geis
Cthulhu Raids Again GM: Dave Paquette

Saturday 1:00 pm
Hysteria GM: Jake McFarland
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Now that my computer has been fixed I am back online!!!!!! Who's running 7th sea at Origins? Is it the famous duo of Guild of San Marcos and the Chicago mafia?????
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 01, 2013 7:27 pm

cpugs wrote:Now that my computer has been fixed I am back online!!!!!! Who's running 7th sea at Origins? Is it the famous duo of Guild of San Marcos and the Chicago mafia?????

Well, CV doesn't have any events in the system yet (I did speak with Frank and he assures me they will have a presence and are trying to get their events in). PLUS Matinee Adventures has their usual one shots!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I see the events list, but I can't actually REGISTER for any specific events.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Lady Grace wrote:I see the events list, but I can't actually REGISTER for any specific events.

Right, no registration just the list

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Mark is very good at noting when they open that here. Any matinee adventures game is a good choice. If you like gaming with mark or me, then Ed and Jason will totally entertain you. And welcome back to Charlie. (jeremy has been driving me to despair listing reasons he is going to miss seeing you).
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 02, 2013 7:29 am

Oh and to add to the joy, 40 days left!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 06, 2013 10:58 am

36 more days! :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Mon May 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Mark and I spoke on them tellyphoney things last night about some bits with the new adventures, bits for next year and the PA session this year. We got stuff tying together that we never knew the other was working on. If you skip this PA, you will be playing catch up for at least two years. (we also mentioned this Larp thing for next Origins so clear your schedules for that).
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 06, 2013 6:22 pm

ahem...

I love it when a plan comes together.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon May 06, 2013 9:16 pm

In all seriousness, I was planning on using those characters. Get out of my brain. Unless you got a fix for my 6th secret society for megaparanoia.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Exactly five weeks from today I will be fast asleep just across the street from the convention center, gearing up for our first day of ORIGINS!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 08, 2013 3:41 pm

And now that it is wed at 3:40 pm in that exact same point from now, I will be putting the epi one players in a deathtrap.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 08, 2013 4:23 pm

salamanca wrote:And in Columbus... Crickets.

You mentioned this on the other page, so I thought I'd say we aren't alone in feeling this way. A cursory glance over the FB page reveals 5 different threads asking when event reg will start (not a single one of which has been answered by anyone in authority).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 08, 2013 4:24 pm

salamanca wrote:And now that it is wed at 3:40 pm in that exact same point from now, I will be putting the epi one players in a deathtrap.

Only one deathtrap? You getting soft in your old age?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 08, 2013 9:49 pm

1- only one deathtrap at 3:40. 2- you wrote the adventure, not me. 3-. If it was me, there would be no deathtraps, just lots of morally repugnant choices to make and things to keep you from sleeping at the con. (which is why I am no longer allowed to run call of cthulhu...for any one.). And yes, someday I will break that rule and run an off the books horror game for you in a dimly lit hotel room containing Jeremy.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm

The offical word has come from on high...

Origins wrote:Event Registration will open Monday, May 13, 2013 at 12pm EDT

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu May 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Yep, it figures, I'll be on my way to work then, so by the time I can get on line to see if I can get my tix's for HOA, they'll all be sold out, lol. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Yea, cause I won't let you in at the table... :roll:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu May 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Figures they have it right when I'm out for a job interview... :roll:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Figures they have it right when I'm out for a job interview... :roll:

Don't you have a hubby who can get your tickets for you?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Origins is not quite as berserk as Gencon for scheduling. If you can register by 4pm, odds are great you will get into what you want.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Thu May 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
Lady Grace wrote:Figures they have it right when I'm out for a job interview... :roll:

Don't you have a hubby who can get your tickets for you?

Not when certain sites are blocked by his work...like Origins. :cry:

But if Sal is right, I should be back home before 4. *knock on wood*

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

I should be upfront with everyone here. There's no need to worry about getting in. Certainly its possible we could be mobbed with 7th Sea players. After all there are only 15 7th Sea games running this year (and 13 of them are ours). HOWEVER, in addition to Dave and I running our regular games, we both have extra time (basically any time we're not running side by side) to run overflow events. And if that wasn't enough, we have Laura coming too, and she can fill in wherever Dave or I can't (and if necessary, run a third table at pretty much any time). And Finally, there's still DOMINGO GIGANTE! on Sunday. All three of us will be there (though you may have the most fun at Dave's table since he'll be super punchy from staying up all night with MegaParanoia) to run one final event (each if necessary, though we really are going to try and let Dave get some sleep).

So, the long and the short of it is, don't stress, you're gonna get into your games.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Dude, by 10 am sunday I need to be up and that's the end of sleep. I'm definitely a better GM when lacking sleep or running a high fever. That's when the evil stops getting repressed.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Events