Countdown to GenCon 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to GenCon 2013

Postby cpugs » Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 am

Sorry, but the lack of vacation time this year was the killer. I can take Gen con week off or Christmas week. As for Wednesday night after 5, it's a deal. However, with a German wife, German food is not that different. But I am game. Did you know there is a Buco Di Bepo in Indianapolis????
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 am

cpugs wrote:Sorry, but the lack of vacation time this year was the killer. I can take Gen con week off or Christmas week. As for Wednesday night after 5, it's a deal. However, with a German wife, German food is not that different. But I am game. Did you know there is a Buco Di Bepo in Indianapolis????

I did!

Well if you want something else, there's also Fogo de Chao (for you meat-etarians)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 am

Did you know there is a Buco Di Bepo in Indianapolis????

Is this like the place near Origins? The Italian restaurant? If so, we need to check it out also. I liked that place in Columbus.

If not, what is it?
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 27, 2013 11:30 am

Buco is the italian place at Origins
Fogo is a Brazillian steak house where they bring you unlimited meat...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 am

There's a Buco di Beppo on the west side of Cleveland.

And I've always been curious about Fogo de Chao. I absolutely LOVE Brazillian rodizios/churrascarias. One of the things I miss about Boston/Cambridge were the decent Brazillian & Portuguese restaurants. Brasa Grill just isn't the same...*sigh*
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby kenderleech » Mon May 27, 2013 11:57 am

there is also a local NY style pizza/italian place about 9 miles from the city center called brozinnis, where i eat about once a week.
kenderleech

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 am

cpugs wrote:... are there some hidden gems that you know of?

There is a P F Chang that's pretty close, is not crowded around lunch time, and blackens the red chiles just the way I like them!

Where is the Buco? I like their antipasto salad and the pizza isn't bad either.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:There is a P F Chang that's pretty close, is not crowded around lunch time, and blackens the red chiles just the way I like them!

Every time I've been past PF Chang's they've been packed (45 min wait or more). I do like their food, just location makes it difficult for seating time.

Sister Sonya wrote:Where is the Buco? I like their antipasto salad and the pizza isn't bad either.

Just up the street from PF Changs (near Monument Circle) 35 N Illinois S

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 29, 2013 8:04 am

kenderleech wrote:there is also a local NY style pizza/italian place about 9 miles from the city center called brozinnis, where i eat about once a week.

Just as long as it's not midwestern pizza. For some reason it seems midwesterners are afraid of spice.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Wed May 29, 2013 11:36 am

No, its good. the owner is from NY, he knows how its done.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Less than 70 days left!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:28 am

65 Days Left (Thought I'd mention it now because when 60 hits I will be in the thick of running games at Origins)!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Since its been a while (despite not being one of the rounded numbers) I thought I should throw in that there are only 53 days left till GenCon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:32 am

You know I never added a "Tickets Left" post to this so let me give you all an update.

Thurs (15th):
9-1 (Ken) HoA: Episode 1 – The Road to Altamira - SOLD OUT
2-6 (Me) HoA: Episode 3 – Gentleman’s Wager - SOLD OUT
7-11 (Me) HoA: Episode 5 – Evil Intent - 3 TICKETS LEFT

Fri (16th):
9-1 (Me) HoA: Episode 6 – The Balance of Profit - SOLD OUT
2-6 (Ken) HoA: Episode 4 – A Small Favor - 5 TICKETS LEFT
7-11 (Ken) HoA: Episode 2 – Fear and Surprise - SOLD OUT

Sat (17th):
9-1 (Ken) HoA: Episode 3 – Gentleman’s Wager - 2 TICKETS LEFT
9-1 (Me) HoA: Episode 5 – Evil Intent - 1 TICKET LEFT
2-6 (Ken) HoA: Episode 4 – A Small Favor - 1 TICKET LEFT
2-6 (Me) HoA: Episode 6 – The Balance of Profit - 4 TICKETS LEFT
7-11 (Ken) HoA: Personal Agendas - 3 TICKETS LEFT
7-11 (Me) HoA: Personal Agendas - SOLD OUT

Sun (18th):
10-2 (Me) HoA: DOMINGO GIGANTE! - 8 TICKETS LEFT (BECAUSE ITS GENERICS ONLY)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:53 pm

I believe Ken gets the pleasure of dealing with Lady Bravada in episode 2... And maybe episode 3.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:37 pm

nope, She's all mine! (I can see who bought tickets cause I uploaded the events :twisted: ) She signed up for 3 on Thurs

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:04 pm

well, ok then. Be that way.
kenderleech

Postby ZombieTonyBlair » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 am

What are the chances that episode 1 will be run anytime other than thursday at 9am? I'm not sure I'll be able to get to the con by then.

Any chance Episode 2 will be run anytime other than 7pm friday? The only event I actually bought a ticket for starts at 8pm.

I was really hoping to get in those Episodes before they are retired.
ZombieTonyBlair

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:45 am

Hey ZTB,

On Sunday we run Domingo Gigante!!,which is a re-run of any of the games played throughout the con, but chosen by players (majority rule), of which one will be played.

Now I will also be there as a back up GM, so if we get several others that would like to play 1 or 2 (or you have any friends you can drag into the game ;) ) , I can run them for you and your group anytime, as long as I don't have to run something else.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby MackMcGif » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Just as long as it's not midwestern pizza. For some reason it seems midwesterners are afraid of spice.

You better not be including Chicago style pizza in your HATE SPEECH! :o
MackMcGif

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:36 pm

MackMcGif wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote:Just as long as it's not midwestern pizza. For some reason it seems midwesterners are afraid of spice.

You better not be including Chicago style pizza in your HATE SPEECH! :o

I am, in fact. What is it with you midwesterners and your fear of spice? I have never had a blander pizza than the deep dish I tried in Chicago (and I should note I LOVE thick pizza, so I was really rooting for it to be awesome). The tomato sauce they put on the top was nothing more than diced tomatos. I mean really WTH?!?!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:07 pm

BJR, if you ever come to Cleveland, I can take you to a pizza place here that appreciates spice (and I say this as a native New Englander). :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Bravada » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Hmmm, slight problem.

The weekend of Gencon also happens to be my husband and I's anniversary weekend! After looking into making a reservation at our favorite restaurant we realized the best night to do so happens to be Friday night (which is when I have Episode 2).

I'm looking at dropping that game (based on wanting to celebrate our anniversary by going to dinner that night) but rather than drop it immediately I figured I would check here to see if someone needed the space to be able to get Episode 2 in (DON GALLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you need this one at this time?).

Let me know if this is the case, I don't want to wait more than a day or so to drop it if no one here needs it (all this talk of dinner just came up within the past day so I'm posting this as quickly as I could). I hate to take up a spot when I'm sure poeple still need Episode 2.

I'm nothing but trouble, the smile only hints otherwise.

:)

Lady Bravada
Bravada

Postby kenderleech » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:20 am

there is no such thing as chicago style pizza. there is a bread based dish that they claim is pizza in chicago, But they are full of lies.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:40 am

50 Days LEFT!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events