Countdown to GenCon 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to GenCon 2013

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:09 pm

I should let everyone who peruses the boards here, I asked about having more folks show up than I'd made reservations for, and they said it wouldn't be a problem, so if you make it earlier svensven (or anyone else who wants to join us) drop on by!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 pm

1 Day till Dadda-Day, 2 Days till our regular game day, 3 Days left to finish any last minute writing I need to do before GenCon, 4 Days till we leave, 5 till I see Charlie again, and 6 till the Con starts!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:28 pm

OK a really newb set of questions. I had all of my event tickets and pass mailed to me. The pass is a laminate card that I assume I have to wear (probably in my Origins holder). Or, do I have to go stand in line somewhere and trade this in for a real badge?

Second, where are everyone's hotels? I am at the Hyatt.

Third, a warning went out that Indy will be crowded next week, with GenCon and a race. How much more crowded can it get????
cpugs

Postby kenderleech » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:32 pm

svensven wrote:Alas. I would love to see you guys (I have always enjoyed roleplaying with Charlie :) but Jen and I aren't getting out of Michigan until 3:30 AT BEST which puts us at the convention center to get our badges around 8.

Enjoy the Skeller :) We'll be at the 8AM Episode 1 Thursday hoping for one of the two extra seats!

Matt

Please please don't make me get up that early. It's 9 am
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:38 pm

kenderleech wrote:Please please don't make me get up that early. It's 9 am

But you're still going to have to get up at 8 to get there ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Well, I'm at the JW Marriot, Marks just around the corner at the Fairfield, which backs up to my hotel. Ken lives in town (or close to it, so he doesn't have a hotel), Megan, one of our regular gamers, will be bunking with me, and if Kara comes she will also.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Oh, and Charlie, if you can squeeze the time somewhere, we will/can get you into a game 5 somehow, since you missed going to OGC. That just depends on your schedual, I know Mark would make room for you.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:55 pm

cpugs wrote:OK a really newb set of questions. I had all of my event tickets and pass mailed to me. The pass is a laminate card that I assume I have to wear (probably in my Origins holder). Or, do I have to go stand in line somewhere and trade this in for a real badge?

Second, where are everyone's hotels? I am at the Hyatt.

Third, a warning went out that Indy will be crowded next week, with GenCon and a race. How much more crowded can it get????

1) That's your badge, you're good to go (so no standing in line for you, though you can drop by and laugh at them...) and yes you should put it in your Origins holder (I put all my badges in my Total Con holder)

2) I'm at the Fairfield Inn & Suites (about 4-5 blocks straight west of you on Maryland. Laura and Megan (one of my regular players) are both at the JW Marriott which is in the same block as my hotel but around the corner (on N. West St.). Our games are between us at the Marriott (which is different than the JW Marriott) about 2 blocks west of you.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by Laura. But yes I will always make room for you Charlie.

3) You'd be amazed. GenCon already sold 41,000 tickets (that's the full con, 4 day tickets) during pre-registration alone. Locals may just show up to buy 4 day tickets during the con (I have personally seen ticket lines at the con go out of the building and around the block). And don't discount the 1-day badge sales. They are estimating this con's attendance will be over 45,000. That's just us. Don't forget the locals who are down there, then this Moto GP convention which is taking place at the same time.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:... and if Kara comes she will also.

Talked to her last night, she will not be making it this year.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Yes, ill be up at 8. And laying in bed, reveling in my own personal air conditioning. I can leave home at 830, and be downtown, parked and in the marriot by 9 And since all im going to need is my thightop computer, my phone and some dice, I can even pack light. Unless of course, mark is going to make me let people run thier grubby hands over my books

Also, I am back online. Huzzah for intarwebz!
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:48 pm

kenderleech wrote: Unless of course, mark is going to make me let people run thier grubby hands over my books

Nope that's what the 3rd set (which I've only paid $5 per book) is for.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Mark et al, the safest of drives to Indianapolis, and the best burgers in the world! Take care and I will see you on Wednesday....
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Will do! Safe travels to you also (I'd bring you a burger but I don't think it'd travel too well).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:32 pm

got about 10.5 hours before we leave...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:06 am

Two days, eight hours, 54 minutes till episode 1 starts.
kenderleech

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:47 am

We are leaving in 1 hour. See you all there!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby svensven » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:33 am

Departing in 18 hours here.
Do you need books, or just character / dice ?

Matt
svensven

Postby kenderleech » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:32 am

I think that between mark and i, we have 4 sets of books. Plus PDFs on my laptop
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Character and dice will be fine. a pen and pencil will be handy.

Mark left a message on my phone when they passed by at 3:30 this afternoon as is his tradition. So they should be well along near the indiana border around now.

Helpful hint from the guy at home now...

Don't shoot or murderize anybody without talking to them.

When in doubt go big in your response. If you awe Mark with ridiculous stunts, he forgets to use all his abilities. When in doubt, blame Alejandro... there are several of them in the campaign.

Following Manfred's lead is never a good idea.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:29 pm

We are, indeed, here. And the city is welcoming us with an inordinately LOUD concert nearby, which I cannot help but overhear, at 10:30 at night, on a Tuesday...
Tomorrow is the KFG and I still need to read the adventure...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 pm

That would be the black crowes concert at white river state park
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Wed before GenCon is done and I've already seen several new and old players. Had an excellent dinner (and AWESOME conversation) with Eric, Laura, Charlie, Ken, and (I hope I get this right) Sean. While there we happened to see svensven and his wife!

I am forced by circumstance to say that Charlie is THE MASTER at paying the check. I challenged him to a quickdraw to the credit card only to find out I'd lost before I even thought of it (when the waitress showed up in the middle of our 'gunfight' with the bill for Charlie to sign)

THE MAN IS POSITIVELY MAGIC!

We missed, Missed, MISSED Dave! and all the rest of our Origins crew and have Ken 3/4 of the way convinced to come to Origins next year!

Tomorrow bright and early is the Last Run of Episode 1 (and I won't even be the one running it :( )

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:50 pm

its shane, But he isnt even a lurker, so its also all good. You have fun with your morning, I gots this.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 pm

We will just point out that Ken has lucked into my minions not being there. I have sent along Bravada however. Miss you all. (except Ken who I technically have not met to miss). Do not forget the cards.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 am

Day One Report:
4 tables run, 13 new players, 25 total players
I didn't forget the cards at all, but I did forget to have the last group of the evening sign in...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events