Countdown to OGC 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to OGC 2013

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 am

Holy crap on a stick! Event submission for OGC 2013 (July 26 – 28) is already open. I gotta get our events in. I didn't even see any notification about this! We usually go up for just Fri, so it'll probably just be the newest 4 events (3-6) since we don't have time for much else.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to OGC 2013

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 am

Some bad news on this front. Discovered the wife and I will be doing "Run For Your Lives" a zombie themed 5k on the 27th (saturday). So I may have to finagle some stuff to get games run up there.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

I'd have to be a zombie to run 5k.
spizio

Postby salamanca » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 pm

It's more of a stumble/shamble.

you realize every time you post about her activities, she comes out looking 100 times more awesome than you do.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm

So, we just have to do them on Friday. I'll have to take the day off from work, but should be ok.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:38 pm

I don't know if I've mentioned this elsewhere, but Her Magesty fell a couple of weeks ago and broke her back. Stunning as it is to say this, it's not too serious but she has to forego impact related activities (running, weightlifting, horsebackriding, etc.) So the zombie 5k may have to be put off until next year. If so I will probably get quite a bit more time at OGC. We'll have to see how well/quickly she recuperates.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm

She did this a couple weeks ago? I did mine mid August and it was still giving me issues in late january. But then again, I didn't let up on anything.

I recommend alternating between Aleve and Ibuprofen. I would also remand you to the couch as tossing and turning was very jarring. (then again, after I got you to move to the couch, I would lie and say it never recovered and leave you out there-- as if she needs help with evil plans)

Now go be a good lad and don't let her lift anything including the jug of milk.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Alright, spoke with Laura today and we finalized our plans for OGC 2013. She's going to head up there on Fri and run two (back to back) slots of Player's Choice (players can pick from any of the previously released adventures 1-4) and I'll head up on Sunday morning to run 5 & 6. I'd have run a PA at the end, but the con only has two slots available (and I really can't do two days with the Zombie Run in the middle).

So, the schedule is as follows:

Friday
Slot 1 (2-6 pm) HoA: Players' Choice (Laura)
Slot 2 (8pm-12am) HoA: Players' Choice (Laura)

Saturday
Nada

Sunday
Slot 8 (9am-1pm) HoA: Ep. 5 - Evil Intent (Me)
Slot 9 (2-6pm) HoA: Ep. 6 - The Balance of Profit (Me)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:28 pm

You know Mark, I can also help out on the Sunday, as I have it off, so I don't know if you want to have any more run on Sunday.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:32 pm

You're more than welcome to return on Sunday, Laura. But truthfully, when have we ever had sold out at OGC (that is, without combining tables)? I doubt we're gonna have enough for overflow.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:50 pm

And since we're giving updates, 34 days till OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 am

One Month to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:51 am

Three weeks from today OGC 2013 starts! (and Sunday, I will be transporting my own players up there to run through Ep 5&6!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Three weeks from today OGC 2013 starts! (and Sunday, I will be transporting my own players up there to run through Ep 5&6!)

That's right, Mark has an entourage. You have been warned.
spizio

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:17 am

Entourage or Posse?
Sister Sonya

Postby spizio » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:23 am

Sister Sonya wrote:Entourage or Posse?

Entourage.

1. His own son plays a Montaigne knight of the Rose & Cross

2. This ain't Deadlands
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 am

I tend to think of it as a Harem, but Entourage works, I guess ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:44 am

Yeah, but the sports and entertainment bad boys have posses. And BJR is an entertainer.

Aren't we all a part of BJR's posse?
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:41 am

Doesn't a "Harem" usually refer to "women"? My dictionary here states: 1. The part of a Muslim household in which the women live. 2. The woman in a Harem.

So, while I am a woman, I am definitely not Muslim, nor are you, so that word doesn't work, and some of your "Harem" are men, even if some of them are playing girl characters, so again, it doesn't work.

I do like Entourage, which the dictionary states: A group of accompanying attendants: retinue.
More on line to what we are.

AND...just check on Retinue, and I think you'll like that one best: A group of persons attending a person of rank or importance. ;)
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:53 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Doesn't a "Harem" usually refer to "women"? My dictionary here states: 1. The part of a Muslim household in which the women live. 2. The woman in a Harem.

So, while I am a woman, I am definitely not Muslim, nor are you, so that word doesn't work, and some of your "Harem" are men, even if some of them are playing girl characters, so again, it doesn't work.

Though I do like Retinue...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 am

Oh, I know, but I like giving you a hard time when I can, since your good at dishing it out yourself, lol.

Oh, and I just looked up Concubine, which states: In some societies, a secondary wife, of inferior social and legal status.

I'll agree to the "secondary wife" thingy, as we hang around together so much it feels like it. Thank goodness Jenny is ok with it, or it would be awkward, but the "inferior" part... :P

Edit: I see you changed your post, lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Zombie Run has been rescheduled (again). This time until Sept. 9th so barring any unusual circumstances, I should be able to attend both days!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:52 am

Ten days before OGC!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MC43 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:48 am

Aw man... I am so excited for this year. OGC has always been THE convention for me ever since I discovered it about 4 or 5 years ago (man... has it been that long!?).

Last year my group was raving about these games, and tried to get me to play then, but I ended up not being able to get anything ready in time, but this year, now seeing my character fleshed out and ready for finalization... I can't wait to see how this is going to turn out.

Sad that I'm so far behind, but hoping that I can at least do games 1 and 2 during Friday, then join in with my group for Saturday!

Can't wait! Thanks for letting me board.
MC43

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:15 am

I will be going up with Laura on Friday, so we have enough GMs to run two games for each slot. We should be fine (especially because we can take 8 players per table). Oh and I should also add that Laura will be coming up with me on Sunday so if you want to get in 3&4 too...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Events