Con on the Cob 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Con on the Cob 2013

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:42 pm

salamanca wrote:Just went to the ohio's premier drive in restaurant (Swenson's) with Mark P. Mike B. And their friend, Bill.

Almost recovered...

Swenson's drive-in premise is not unlike Dog n Suds back in the 60's. Thanks again, Dave!

CotC reminded me of the science fiction Cons held in the south 25 years ago, con suite w/free food and drink, unique local events, a family atmosphere.

I haven't had an old fashioned raised doughnut as good as the ones here since they stopped deep-frying them in animal fat!
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Mike. It really is a cool low key vibe at this con. I just wish the vendors were a little better stocked (bringing one of each item is a drag when I want to send someone else to go get one too.)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:20 pm

salamanca wrote:Just went to the ohio's premier drive in restaurant (Swenson's) with Mark P. Mike B. And their friend, Bill. Awesome burgers, onion rings and goodness abound. Mr Perkins is currently getting a pre-game massage. (because this con has amenities like that.).

Dave, thanks for taking us Swenson's and buying us dinner, it was really good (I look forward to going there again next year and this time I'm buying). The pre-game massage was also very good, my stiff neck from the hotel bed felt much better after that. :D
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Previous

Return to Events