Con on the Cob 2013

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Con on the Cob 2013

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 pm

I see you guys will be running games at Con on the Cob in October. Do you know yet what you will be running?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Re: Con on the Cob 2013

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 pm

salamanca wrote: Before Mike asks: THERE WILL BE NO PERSONAL AGENDA SESSION AT CON ON THE COB 2012.

*Ahem* So, will there will there be a personal agenda session at Con on the Cob 2013?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Assuming Dave can make it, it'll probably be 1 Year One event (so Ep 1 or 2), 1 Year Two event (3 or 4), and both Year Three events (5 & 6)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Couple of things I need to get clarification on from Cobcentral command but I plan on doing 4 events. When events will happen will depend on IF I do a megaparanoia as well. THERE WILL BE NO PERSONAL AGENDA SESSION. I got too much to do to write one. As of right now, I am planning on episodes 1, 4, 5, and 6. But if one or more of you need episodes 2 or 3, speak up soon and I will swap something out. I am thinking a friday evening session (epi 1), saturday morning and afternoon (epis 5 and 6) and a sunday morning session (epi 4). But I will condense the sunday into saturday if they cannot accomodate paranoia saturday night.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:13 pm

There is a good chance that I will be going and I need #6 to be all cought up so there is a good chance I will see you that Sat afternoon.
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 am

It's interesting that the Clarion Hotel isn't listed on the Con website.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Well, between the overdone artwork on the page in multiple colors and the ridiculous number of pages to tab through it is no wonder one over looks the phone number and email for the hotel near the bottom of one of those pages in 10 point new times font. (on a dark background). I know there is mention on one of the pages as it also point out to be sure to mention you are with the con for the best rate. But a large and direct link would be helpful, I agree.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Con on the Cob Registration is now open! http://cononthecob.com/ for tickets
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Events for us are now up. Had to wait to make sure I could get free for the days scheduled.

Episode 2 will run friday night 7 pm.
Episode 4 saturday morning 9 am
Episode 5 saturday afternoon 2 pm
episode 6 saturday night 7 pm

And for you shadowrun fans, my pals Steve Tinner and Tim Patrick should be around to run missions.
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Ok, I am registered and have signed-up for 06 (the last game that I still need).

But while I am there I thought I would go ahead and play some Shadowrun. Steve and Tim are almost as good at GMing as you are Dave so I signed up to play some of their games as well. ;)
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby salamanca » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Steve and I have been good friends for 20 years. Please be sure to tell him he is ALMOST as good as I am. It will certainly lead to his shaking a fist in my direction and probably adding some extra punch to your session. Yeah, I tend to ignore the list of players for this con because we had a great influx of onsite registration and generic tickets last year. So don't panic if you see only a few or no names, show up and I will run a session.
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:23 am

Sounds good, see you then Dave.
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby salamanca » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Also the phrase "science-fantasy" has become a running joke with his home group. Feel free to needle him with it. It appears he used it once to handwave some event that defied the laws of physics and the lads keep throwing it back in his face.
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Hahaha, oh yeah I'll definitely get that in during the game when he least expects it. :lol:
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm

If a certain drunk (as in real life drunk, not character-drunk) guy playing an Inish swordsman shows up, hurt him for me -- hurt him a LOT. :evil:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Just over 3 weeks until CotC! I'm jealous I can't go (wife has put the kibosh on more than 4 conventions a year, that is, until the kiddos can come along.)

Remember this is your very last chance to play Episode 2 - Fear and Surprise during the regular rotation. After this, you can only play it by request at DOMINGO GIGANTE! (which only runs at TotalConfusion, Origins, and GenCon)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:42 pm

A little thought for those of you traveling to this con that are not locals.

The convention takes place at a Hotel on Route 8 just north of Akron. That section of road is one of the more notorious speed traps in Northeast Ohio. (due to the township just south being 90% federal parkland, they rely on traffic tickets on route 8 to pay for everything)

THE SPEED LIMIT ON THAT SECTION OF ROUTE 8 IS LOW. around 50mph last time I was down that way and THEY WILL STOP YOU FOR DRIVING 53. In my foolish youth, I used to travel that route during college all the time and got nailed twice. the higher speed I was ticketed for was 53.

do yourselves a favor and obey the signs on route 8.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Ok, cob starts tomorrow. For anybody attending the full show, have fun. I should be arriving FRIDAY around 2 or 3. So keep an eye out.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:46 pm

I am quite jealous. I've looked over the website many times and it looks like a fun little con (I say little in comparison to Origins and GenCon, I actually have no idea how many folks come to CotC). It's on my wish list (along with ConnectiCon, Carnage, TempleCon, Council of 5 Nations, and even DragonCon (which may or may not really count as an RPG con)).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Just went to the ohio's premier drive in restaurant (Swenson's) with Mark P. Mike B. And their friend, Bill. Awesome burgers, onion rings and goodness abound. Mr Perkins is currently getting a pre-game massage. (because this con has amenities like that.).
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:37 pm

They didn't have massages last year! :evil:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:12 am

It was a great day and a half for me. And for those of you in the region, get thyself here next time. I miss you all even if I have to settle for chatting after sessions and watching you play at other tables. Last night there were about 8 games in the same room as us and I would have loved playing at 5 of those tables based on the GM. (two of the others I would have gnawed my arm off to avoid, but that's a different story).
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Best part of this con for me is seeing people I gamed with 25 years ago still going strong. (and more recent friends as well). Second best is the humor:. The children's track is titled "CHILDREN OF THE COB". The goofy "coblin mascots". Trick or treat for the kids. Some 9 year old got a ear of corn plush doll from a vendor and made it a convention badge. The host of the Doctor Who panel failed to recognize a guy dressed as the 9th doctor. (and his outfit is authentic from the same tailor). The downside is tiny stuff. Lack of enough garbage cans. Only one set of restrooms, understaffed hotel staff tending the area. And whoever thought it was a good idea to serve chili in the con suite.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:06 am

The guy dressed as Nine was back again? That's cool... :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:28 am

And the cast and crew for an online show called Basic Adventuring 101. They haven't finished edits yet but should be up by december if not sooner. They are really cool people so check them out.
salamanca

Next

Return to Events