Countdown to Origins 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Alright, all our events are in (had to change some stuff for the LARP). Here is the schedule (assuming Origins doesn't change anything).

Wed -
Ep. 3 - Gentleman's Wager (1pm)
Ep. 5 - Evil Intent (7pm)

Thur -
Ep. 6 - The Balance of Profit (9am)
Ep. 7 - Scientific Method (1pm)
PLAYTEST (5-ish pm)

Fri -
Ep. 4 - A Small Favor (9am)
Ep. 8 - Mistaken Heresies (9am)
Personal Agendas x2 (1pm)
Heroes of Altamira LARP - Pilgrimage (7pm)

Sat -
Ep. 5 - Evil Intent (9am)
Ep. 7 - Scientific Method (9am)
Ep. 6 - The Balance of Profit (1pm)
Ep. 8 - Mistaken Heresies (1pm)

Sun -
DOMINGO GIGANTE! (10am)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:09 am

Any idea when registration will be?
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:41 am

CaitlinCallahan wrote:Any idea when registration will be?

I'm tempted to write June 10th, but Badge Registration will probably be sometime in March. Which speaking of, Deb, I happened to look on our Guild of San Marcos Club List and noticed that neither you nor your hubby (nor anyone else in your crew) is on our list.

We can save you around $20 off the cost of a full con ticket. Check out our Origins 2014 HOA Club thread for more info
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks, Mark - somehow, I missed that thread. Just PM'd Dave.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:56 am

Ok just got my confirmation for Crowne Plaza (as usual) and (as usual) they couldn't find the official code for the Origins discount (neither under GAMA nor Origins) THAT was because the code is listed under (and no I am not making this up) "OOO" (no that's not Zero, Zero, Zero, it's "O" as in "Oscar" 3 times), because that makes perfect sense.

So I have my reservations, now it's on to waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Slacker. I have been booked since thursday of Origins 2013. Nice to know I beat you to something.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 pm

salamanca wrote:Slacker. I have been booked since thursday of Origins 2013. Nice to know I beat you to something.

I did that on purpose, I didn't want you to feel left out ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

remind me around.. march? to reserve my room. unless GMS get a special deal. then remind me then.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:01 am

If you need a room, book it now. Rooms on and within a block of the site vanish fast at the convention rate.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

itll be march before i can afford to book it. Or when my tax return hits, whichever is later.
kenderleech

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Glad I checked the site - just booked my room at the Hilton.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 pm

How's this for a coincidence? I did some vague counting of months today and realized we have about 6 months to go before Origins. Then just now I counted the weeks and it turns out 26 weeks from today, Laura and I (and hopefully Charlie, Eric, Jen, and Megan) will have arrived in Columbus earlier today, in preparation for Origins start tomorrow!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Ok AGAIN without anything EVEN RESEMBLING notification. Origins Badge Registration is open. BUT if you're going to be a member of the GoSM club, I haven't sent anything in yet, SO DON'T REGISTER (YET)!

I will let you know when we have official permission.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Ok spoke with an Origins Rep today. We have everything squared away for everyone on the list (save Cole Perkins) HOWEVER, they aren't releasing the code to groups yet. But the rep told me to let you all know that everything's still fine, they will have the codes out WELL before Event Registration goes live. And for those of you who already got a badge, you should be able to get a refund for the full price badge once the codes are available (though I'm still not clear how that's supposed to happen).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Cole's email address is: REDACTED TO KEEP THE SPAMMERS AWAY
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:14 pm

EXCELLENT! Thanks Mark!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Anyone up for splitting a room for origins?
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Ok since I cannot PM everyone in one mass unit, I'm going to post the instructions here.

When you go to register:

1. Choose the Club badge type.
2. Enter gosm832 in the “Coupon Code”* field on the first page of registration.
3. Put your club name in the “Business Name”** field on the Registration Demographics page.

*The BOLD'ed thing is, of course our code. It will only work for those who've given me their name/email addy and had me send it into Origins.

**Our business name is The Guild of San Marcos

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 am

Is anyone else having trouble with the online registration? I can get all the way to the payment screen, select what type of credit card I want to use, and then it ends - no fields to enter the actual card information, and when I click the "submit" button - absolutely nothing happens. :?
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 am

Yup, Glad (and sorry) to see I'm not the only one (and I even tried several different browsers, IE, Firefox, and Safari). I sent an email to tptb and we'll see where that gets us.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

UPDATE ON REGISTRATION

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 pm

None of the browsers I have here on my laptop worked, so on a lark I tried the children's laptop. It worked fine. I suspect one of the gizmos I have on for IE/Firefox is blocking this somehow. So theoretically if you tried it using a different computer (or just with some magical new different setting which I am, as yet, unable to figure out) it should work.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Just gonna make a guess and say nobody on their end updated the system for windows 8 users and there is some sort of compatability issue. (crawling back to my shed grumbling about how we used to do just fine MAILING registration forms in).
salamanca

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Ok since I cannot PM everyone in one mass unit, I'm going to post the instructions here.

When you go to register:

1. Choose the Club badge type.
2. Enter gosm832 in the “Coupon Code”* field on the first page of registration.
3. Put your club name in the “Business Name”** field on the Registration Demographics page.

*The BOLD'ed thing is, of course our code. It will only work for those who've given me their name/email addy and had me send it into Origins.

**Our business name is The Guild of San Marcos

I just tried to register and it said that there is no such Coupon Code. Any suggestions?
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Dr. Miguel Contreras » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:13 pm

OK, I figured it out. I didn't choose the club badge like you stated as the first thing to do. So once I did that it was no problem.
Dr. Miguel Contreras

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

I don't know what it is either, since both the kiddos computer and mine run the same version of Windows (7 Home Edition). I assumed it was simply some pop-up blocker I'd put on my computer that wasn't on theirs.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events