Countdown to Origins 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2014

Postby smafdi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 pm

why.....would you ever use ie......... i mean it isn't the 90's anymore and it's not that or netscape............
smafdi

Postby salamanca » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:00 pm

I used it last summer when I bought the new laptop and it was just fine for going online to download chrome and firefox.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Ok, first I am a psychotherapist and writer not a computer guy so I use whatever shows up on the machine until one of you guys tells me not to (and then shows me a reason to learn a new program). Second, my story was from a couple of years ago, and actually the second time it happened, it was Firefox that had the problem not IE and resolved itself when I switched back. AND THIRD, Given that Mike and I are old guys, I just kind of figured that, like me, he wouldn't have changed to anything other than IE unless it was absolutely necessary and I was giving him a reason for it to be necessary.

Sheesh. ;) Now get off my lawn.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:30 pm

From my point of view there is no difference between IE and Firefox. Chrome was a problen the one time I tried it.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:18 am

10 weeks from today we will begin our annual trek to ORIGINS!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:17 am

So I watch the Origins FB page (in case they release some information of import to us) and I've noticed a theme. Every year people start asking about now when the events lists will be up, when they can sign up, etc. And when they get no response (because that would be silly to have a FB page where people who are interested in your stuff can gather and ask question which you ACTUALLY answer) they start complaining.

THEN the Origins Apologists start showing up in droves to tell them they shouldn't be picking on volunteers, they don't know, things are tough all over, etc.

I don't get it. I have, of course, stopped complaining. I know it will change nothing and I keep running things for these bozos (because, lets face it, their business model would put any other business out of business right quick), and I don't think I've ever complained about the volunteers (heck once we get to Origins and the idiots at GAMA get the hell out of the way, the volunteers take over and everything is excellent)

But my question is about the apologists. Having people complain doesn't affect them in any way but they sure do seem to take it personally. Why?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah, it's all slow motion for now. I haven't tried to pre-reg again or email the Origins staff that I can't get my credit card to work.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:58 pm

I could explain and defend that position but it would make me an Apologist apologist. And that seems to be a bit meta for me today. I will say that I believe in Origins as a con, I believe in the quality of the players and I like the people that set aside their fun to handle all the hassles like collecting tickets, making sure rooms are clear for games, and getting GMs what they need for special events. I think the facility is top notch. I certainly don't want to deal with the Gencon method of registration where you submit and hope to get a game you actually want. But Origins not only survived the debacle year where the system crashed and prevented printing any event tickets, it did so with class. The GMs accepted the challenge and made room at their tables to anybody looking to play. If we can't register at all, we will still provide great games even if it means stepping into the hall and shouting for players.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:32 am

Success!

I am now a paid member of Origins 2014!

Using the same credit card that I have been using for the last 25 Origins Cons, the same one that didn't work a few weeks ago.

Who knows!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 am

YAY!

Sister Sonya wrote:Using the same credit card that I have been using for the last 25 Origins Cons, the same one that didn't work a few weeks ago.

Wait, are you trying to say that something at Origins is a little wonky? The hell you say...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:04 am

And while we're doing updates just under two months until Origins!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:51 pm

And, it'll probably be just my luck to be out of the country when pre-reg starts!
Sister Sonya

Postby smafdi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:59 am

Everyone in my family registered finally, took long enough, now need to find out when event reg opens up so i can try to snipe spots in those HoA Games i need to make. STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!1111
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:02 am

smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!1111

I'm stealing this for my sig.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:55 am

Mission Accomplished!
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Initial event guide is up on the Origins website!

Seems like all of our stuff is there but I'll have to wait till I can get to a computer to double check.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:57 am

Excellent, hopefully eating poor this week will pay off so i'll be able to register games......
smafdi

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Have they mentioned when registration for events goes online?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:36 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:Have they mentioned when registration for events goes online?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...phew...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:03 am

Alright serious answer as I checked back through the FB log posts for unofficial responses, and the answer is, no. There's been a whole lot of speculation about event grids and their timing vis-a-vis Origins Dates. BUT I'll keep an eye out. Someone's bound to ask that question here real soon.

Also update now that I have access to a real computer. HERE is the direct link to the Event Grid

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 am

They are obviously waiting to confirm when Mike wlll be out of town before deciding when to go live.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:29 am

Ok I found a problem on the spreadsheet, both Saturday 9am events have wonky descriptions. It looks like it's a problem from my end but just wanted you to know (this won't change the times or anything else. All the rest is aok (at least as far as WE are concerned).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:35 pm

salamanca wrote:They are obviously waiting to confirm when Mike wlll be out of town before deciding when to go live.

Yup. That's what I thought.

Trying to register for events in Sicily online, across from the railway station at some public computer, doesn't have a lot of appeal. :(
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Well, I don't think the Larp will sell out. But if it does, you still have a spot Mike. I need some holy folk for an important part and you are first on the list. Speaking of the Larp, the plotlines are all done and it's basically finished except for a few bits of info I need to confer over (and formatting into character sheets). It's going to be a doozy for stuff taking place. Stuff that will effect you all in the tabletop games if you make the right moves. I estimate we could have as many as 43 HOA participants playing their regular characters so we have room to bring along over 50 new people so tell your friends to join us.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 am

salamanca wrote: I need some holy folk for an important part and you are first on the list.

Looks down at my robe. Hmmm. No holes visible. :lol:
Sister Sonya

PreviousNext

Return to Events