Countdown to Origins 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 28, 2014 7:58 am

smafdi wrote:WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO ME!?!?!

Yes...
Let the plotting flow through you.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 pm

And now you know how my brain is functioning wr hours a day. Eventually, nothing you hear avoids going through the "can I make a plothook for that?" filter. Then you discover you are using your dream cycle to assemble plots. Then you find youself keeping a box to hold stuff and little sheets of paper full of half formed ideas that might be useful for Origins. Then you start keeping notes of what other players did in the session you played so you can riff off that in a PA or the larp. Then you use it and Mark calls you an evil bastard. Just remember, all that is what we are going to do to you next.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Wed May 28, 2014 1:11 pm

oh man, you mean, one day i might just have my very own box of evil? sweet
smafdi

Postby Lady Grace » Wed May 28, 2014 1:16 pm

smafdi wrote:oh man, you mean, one day i might just have my very own box of evil? sweet

Mine's called "Corey"...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby cpugs » Wed May 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Box of evil.... How about a steamer trunk of evil????
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Thu May 29, 2014 12:42 pm

At this time of year, it's more like one of those movies where the investigators find the suspects house and inside the walls and every flat surface is covered with clippings that date back over a decade, photos connected with lines, plans that include the target circled in red (to make it obvious) and the tools and parts to build the equipment and weapons to pull off the horrible thing they are investigating. I now live in my evil box of evil. (but in a couple weeks I get to stuff all that back in the storage bins file cabinets and closets and pull out the rennie gear). Now everyone say a word of thanks we let Mark run your personal stuff, he's the good cop.
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Thu May 29, 2014 6:38 pm

What a concept, Mark as the good cop....
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 29, 2014 7:07 pm

cpugs wrote:What a concept, Mark as the good cop....

Remember who's telling you that I'm the good cop...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Would that be the guy that has been told he cannot run horror games for the home group anymore because they get to freaked out?. Wait, is it the guy that added a campaign plot that hoses his OWN character?. No, it's gotta be the guy that talked an entire party at your table into a lemming suicide pact and resovled it in 15 minutes. You ARE the good cop. I'm the guy with the 40% success rate on episode 4.
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Thu May 29, 2014 8:45 pm

You say that like it's a bad thing......
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Thu May 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Heck no, i'm bragging. Every friend I have usually tells me they hate me at least once a game. (that's the ultimate GM complement)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 29, 2014 11:40 pm

salamanca wrote:Would that be the guy that has been told he cannot run horror games for the home group anymore because they get to freaked out?. Wait, is it the guy that added a campaign plot that hoses his OWN character?. No, it's gotta be the guy that talked an entire party at your table into a lemming suicide pact and resovled it in 15 minutes. You ARE the good cop. I'm the guy with the 40% success rate on episode 4.

I was pointing out that if we were to gauge you on a scale of 1-10 of Evil GMness you'd be, say 37. Now I am a mere 15, so I am, in fact, the good cop in comparison. But as you can see, I'm still pretty evil :twisted:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Fri May 30, 2014 8:27 am

And thus the reason i wish i lived closer to one of you two for a "house" game. I haven't been able to play in about 6mo now and i feel like origins is going to go one of 2 ways. either way left and i'll make a mess of every damned thing i get involved in (including some things i'm not) or way right and i'll just sit and do nothing. Tho i think that is the story of how i play now that i think about it some. hmmm

Also little over a week till origins. anyone else going to make it in tuesday and wanna meet up for dinner?

*edit*
booo origins awards are once again the in the exhibit hall which means i won't get a chance to really try any of them out before i vote.
smafdi

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri May 30, 2014 8:36 am

Well, you live in the same state as Dave, why not try to see if you guys can get together once a month or so, for a game. A couple of hour drive is a whole lot shorter than a almost all day drive it would be to get to Mark's. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby smafdi » Fri May 30, 2014 8:46 am

Yea, i try to convince dave to do that every year, but blah blah work blah blah no time. that's all i hear.
smafdi

Postby salamanca » Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Yeah, I keep telling you all that you are already my home game. I have not run a non-HOA session or played a non-HOA session outside Origins since before the campaign started. But enough of that, Origins looms. And Steve, your sessions will lean left if you want them to lean left. All you have to do is opt to take the action. If it goes hilariously wrong, that makes for a good story. And good story always trumps successful adventure.
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Fri May 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Very true, now move to cbus!
smafdi

Postby kenderleech » Fri May 30, 2014 3:11 pm

depending on which side of columbus you all live on, I might not be too far out for a once a month either, coming from indy
kenderleech

Postby Lady Grace » Fri May 30, 2014 3:39 pm

OTOH, if we visit Mark, I could pick up some Beirao while I'm in MA... :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Well LG, if that's all you want, just send me a list and directions for where to find it, and I'll bring it when I come.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Fri May 30, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm on the far north end right off 71 and 270.
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 31, 2014 12:19 am

Another FB only update. Preregistration ends Monday June 2nd at noon. So if you have anything hanging in your cart that you haven't paid for or haven't registered yet, now's the time!

And now because we'll be leaving on Tues (and as far as I am concerned Origins begins when I start driving there), we have just 10 days before Origins!

Set the countdown timers!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat May 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Steve, if you really want to ensure you are active during a game session, ask Mark over dinner if he remembers what I was doing during the CV Drydock that happened the year we started HOA. I know Mike, Charlie, Mark, Kara and I think you were in it. There were about 13 at the table. If he doesn't recall, i'll explain when we get together.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 31, 2014 11:26 pm

Dave, are you referring to the Dry Dock that was set in Insel?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat May 31, 2014 11:30 pm

Is that the one in which Kara killed you?
Sister Sonya

PreviousNext

Return to Events