Countdown to Origins 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2014

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:43 am

I updated the list back on p. 6 one last time, just for your info, there are only 13 tickets left in the regular sessions! (Obviously the LARP and DOMINGO GIGANTE! still have plenty of spots left)

Oh yes and...

9 Days until we leave for Origins!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:28 pm

This was after Kara killed me. But I recall it being the session that included Mass combat and recovering a chest full of letters. So after Insel. And back on topic, I have been told Crema Nut company is not doing business on site. But I have not clarified if that means they are completely closed or just status quo of no sandwiches. But if you are used to grabbing a back of nuts or candy, you may need a back up plan.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 am

If that was the store downstairs across from the segway place then yea they are closed and gone. Also fames (the "cheap" burger place) has upped their prices since last year iirc. Went in the other day to get a burger and fries damned things cost me about 8 bucks with a water no soda.

Dave on your one thing was it when we went drinking and kara ended up in the trough of water? i think there was some nudity involved there too......
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:25 am

Nope its a different one, Stephen. I'll tell you about it next Tues.

Speaking of, 8 Days until we leave for Origins!

AND we STILL do not have Event Locations!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Rooms.. We don't need rooms. All HOA events can take place in Mark's hotel room. Actually, if they really screw up, we will just need to occupy the Geek Chic zone forever. If you cannot find the room assigments, look for the Heroes of Altamira/ Guild of San Marcos banner I think Mark is bringing. actually, maybe this means we will be migrating during the con and I can look at different Beige walls during the weekend.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm

salamanca wrote: Actually, if they really screw up, we will just need to occupy the Geek Chic zone forever.

That would be awesome!

salamanca wrote:If you cannot find the room assigments, look for the Heroes of Altamira/ Guild of San Marcos banner I think Mark is bringing.

I'm actually bringing two. One for GoSM and one for my book. And they are big, 6' tall, you can't miss 'em!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:18 pm

pfft easy enough i'll just call mark and ask where the hell we ended up >.>

remember everyone to call mark just dial 555-554-1234
smafdi

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Let's just run the game at Boca di Beppo...I have coupons!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Well, according to Erin At GAMA we can expect an updated Event Grid either today or tomorrow (no word of IF the update will have our (or any other) room assignments).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Now we need to discuss my third favorite thing at Origins (1 See all of you, 2 Gaming with all of you) 3 Breaking bread with all of you. We Have BD and Buco on the list, what night and when is the next key. Buco is always a 2 hour event, so we need to plan accordingly......
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:36 pm

I don't think we have a 2+ hour window open any night. But I am down for BD's mongolian on thursday at 5:15 so we can abandon gear, gather in the hyatt lobby, wander over, eat, laugh, wander back and get to work around 7. I also have a 5-6:30 window wednesday, no time friday and a 5-10pm window saturday.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:50 pm

I know I scheduled a game 6-10 on Sat but it's not imperative to join, and I'd be just as happy to meet with friend for Buca...
The rest of my schedule is just running HoA

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Well, I really have no schedule planned regarding games, as the games I wanted to get into sold out, so I'm doing generics again this year. So I have all the time in the world unless I have to run a overflow game table.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby kenderleech » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:10 am

All i have is what i run and play with us. the 2 40k events i was eyeing sold out.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:20 am

7 MORE DAYS!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Ken, you should aerodrome with me wednesday night. 7 pm.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Ok, this afternoon I really ended up in the right mindset for this thing to happen already. It feels like Origins weather. The two things I was worried about needing to be done at work are done and out of the way.

7 days then we get to roll some dice. For those of you late to the party that are playing episode 3... I got a feeling it's going to run fast and furious and I will be inventing some new filler to keep us from ending early. (and I have a list for this adventure to do that with)

So bring your EPIC play style because we are going to be over the top in these sessions. When in doubt be BOLD!

For only the second time in 19 years, I will be waiting for a ride to pick me up to go to the con and I am certain my ride will be there in a timely fashion but it's going to feel like he's running late because I want to leave NOW.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:20 am

6 Days LEFT!

In other news been waiting to see the updated Events Grid (which supposedly will have our event locations). But still no dice (despite begin told they would be ready on the 2nd or the 3rd). When they're out I'll make sure everyone knows where we'll be.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 am

Friendly advice for everyone playing.
when in doubt, dftba
Don't Forget To Be Awesome!
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:25 pm

WOOO! Frustrated that none of the Origins folks would give us the damn room location 5 days before the con, I called them to make a nuisance of myself. Turns out that (as usual) is the only way to get them to do their jobs. So I have an official room for us!

Are you ready?

Our room will be...

Wait for it...

Just a few seconds more...

I know you're chomping at the bit but...

Not quite there...

Just about...

Aaannnnddddd...

TA DA!

It's...

CHAMPAIGN

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Well, same hallway as last year. Smaller room so it should be noise tolerable. You know, they would get that updated list done if poeple quit calling and asking about stuff.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:58 pm

salamanca wrote:Well, same hallway as last year. Smaller room so it should be noise tolerable. You know, they would get that updated list done if poeple quit calling and asking about stuff.

SURE THEY WOULD... :roll:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:21 am

4 DAYS LEFT!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:20 am

You know what they say about the champagne room right?

There is no sex.
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:38 am

Hey, My wife says I ooze SEX*

*At least I think that's what she says because it's kind of hard to understand her when she's doubled over and laughing uproariously

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events