STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Carnage on the Mountain, (one of the other, not so, local cons in Fairlee VT) had a bit of a shortfall of GMs this year (couple of GMs had to back out last minute) so they asked around to see if any GMs would be willing to fill in. I spoke with Her Majesty and, suffice to say, with a little begging and pleading, she agreed to let me go up for one day.

Even though we've officially ended Year 3, I am going to be running 2 slots up there next Friday. The plan is to give an official adventure, with the understanding that I will run any other event if there is enough interest.

So, the schedule is

1-5 - Episode 1: The Road to Altamira or Players' Choice
7-11 - Episode 2: Fear and Surprise or Players' Choice
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:56 pm

And the date of said event (while probably posted on their site, I am lazy) is what?.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:04 am

Whoops, sorry. It's next Friday (Nov. 8)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 am

You know Mark, I have Fridays off, so can help you if you need.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Alright, Laura has agreed to go up with me, SO, we have an extra two tables of adventures to run!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:29 am

If I had the spare time, I would drive up and demand episode 13. Because I know THAT one isn't finished yet.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:10 am

Also it is no longer in Fairlee. It is now at the Killington Ski resort in appropriately enough Killington, VT. Also as a by the way there are ski trails open.

FYI Mark you may want to talk her majesty into an overnight stay. Drive time is likely in the 3+ hour range. Very family friendly con. Some of the rooms are full condos with kitchens.

http://www.carnagecon.com/
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 am

Can't do it. Her Majesty's day off is Saturday and Laura has work. So we have to come back.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Small world.

I actually have fixed Killington Ski Resort's wifi a couple of times.
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby salamanca » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Fixed or "fixed"?. And was it with their permission?
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:36 am

Just three more days till Carnage!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Carnage is only 2 days away, and Laura and I will be kicking off their very first con at he new location! So since I am going to be up there all day Friday, I plan doing some serious writing until then (which if you look at my counter you'll see I have been doing pretty consistently since Nov 1. At this rate, the counter is telling me I should be done in just 2 weeks (even with taking Friday off).

I'm sure looking forward to this!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 am

Just need to pack the car and get the kiddos off to school and I'll be on my way! First stop, pick up Laura, second, CARNAGE! (oh alright, I will have to stop and pee and maybe get gas, but other than that...)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 am

Wear something warm. Temps only in the 30's (if that up there, if that) from what I checked. Will definately be below that on the way home (in the teens!).
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Ok, it is 12:37pm by my clock, we have arrived, have unloaded, Mark is getting the food and we are waiting for our players. :D

Oh, forgot to mention that there is some kinda white fluffy stuff falling from the sky outside the window, but thankfully it is not snow, as the weatherman said there would be no snow.

Edit again: It is now 3:48 pm. Mark has a table of 6 players, playing Episode 1, with 4 new players and 2 return players. I'm sitting and listening to them while playing on the computer, as there wasn't enough to do two tables, but I don't mind. What I do mind is that, the stupid white stuff is still falling from the sky.

Edit once again: 7:45pm, Second game is playing, he is running Episode 4, per a request. 1 new player at the table, 1 returning from first time playing earlier today, and 4 other return players from past times. So only two tables ran today, and I let Mark run both, even though his voice was almost non-existent for the second one, as per normal, lol. The white stuff finely stopped falling down, and there is a small dusting, but nothing much, just really cold out there right now, and Mark was complaining about it, but I had told him to dress for the weather. Ah Well. I didn't really help too much at this con, other than help bring stuff in and out, and watch it while Mark got us food, but it was interesting to see how many people would show up, and keep Mark awake for the drive back home. ;)
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Well, I figured Mark would have posted by now. He got me home around 2:30am this morning, so I figured he was home around 3am. He was to have the kids today, as Jenny had a hike planned with friends, so he may be pre-occupied, and I know he wanted to get more writting done, since he missed out on doing any yesterday.

Anyway, Episodes One and Two are now officially retired.

Both tables Mark had yesterday were pretty rowdy, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Mark totally lost his voice, and I hope he found it back again today. I'll find out tomorrow when I go to his house for our weekly gaming. This week it is board games, so Jenny can sit in with us. Yeah! :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Too busy with the kids, trying to get caught up with sleep and a birthday party, and that's BEFORE trying to write (though I am up to 1,800 words today, I'd like to, at least hit 4k for the day to try and make up for yesterday).

The tables were, indeed, awesome. One of my new players, Greg came at the behest of her daughter Edna and with less than 4 days prep he'd written and edited his backstory down (yes I said DOWN) to a page. One of our other newbies showed up because her GM no-showed and I scooped her right up. A native New Yorker, this was not only her first time in VT it was her very first con ever! And she handled it like an old pro. Jumped right in with the regulars and came up with some brilliantly clever and scathingly witty comments! All of which played off other characters. So, wherever you are Amy, PLEASE find your way here!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Events