"What do you mean, an Actors Strike?"

The repository for all things "Heroes of Altamira." Post your character, discuss their latest adventures, talk to some of the Secret Societies (if you can find them).

"What do you mean, an Actors Strike?"

Postby kenderleech » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:37 pm

"Eleven days. I have eleven days to get everything ready, and now I have no help. This is most unsatisfactory." Francois pounds his fist on his desk in the back room of his quiet theater. "There must be a way. This show Must happen. It is not just genius, but artful as well. " he pounds his fist again. "The parts were Perfect for the actors I chose to work with too. I will Not be dissuaded. I have suffered greater setbacks, and come out on top. I can do this." he closes his eyes, takes off his hat for a minute, fanning himself. "Ah! Brilliant! A few rewrites... and a few glasses of wine, some mead. I am sure my friends can help me." he starts writing short letters to many of his friends in Altamira.. to be delivered by the actual singing telegram boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here is what is sent out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My friend, I am in need of your assistance. The second play that was supposed to feature at my theater has also fallen afoul. This time, the actors of Altamira have decided, en masse, to leave their work undone. The stage is set, I merely need my friends to pick up the roles."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(OOC bit, this is for Francois' PA at gencon. It will be After the actual PA session has ended. Actual acting skill not required. nor is the actual acting knack. This Can totally be a disaster. I am however, looking for volunteers, and not looking to press gang everyone who bought a ticket. )
kenderleech

Re: "What do you mean, an Actors Strike?"

Postby Goliath » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:04 pm

ooc: Michael will begrudgingly help. As long as his conscience thinks he should. lol
"Theus damnit....I'm too sober for this!"
"You...c'm'ere....I'm gonna show ye a trick." cracks knuckles
Goliath

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 pm

So, Francois. You have roles for actors you say? But why do you not identify these roles for us, so that we might see if we felt inclined to take one of them on!?

And, I ordinarily would be pleased to help you out. But, as a card-carrying member of a Guild, I prefer not to get myself into too much trouble by crossing the picket line.

I suspect that the Inquisition would, if anything, be inclined to purchase tickets in order to laugh at some of us from the audience. However, I don't like the idea of sabotage by sulky strikers. Do you have a plan for a secret way into the theater... if we can come up with disguises to conceal/hide our identities while we are performing?
Sister Sonya

Postby kenderleech » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:56 am

The show was not sold, the tickets were hand given to those intended to attend. And those who were supposed to attend, but will be acting instead.. are going to have the chairs removed. And yes, there will be costuming available. And at least one role gets a full mask.
kenderleech

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Caitlin pauses for a moment, as she slings her bow over her shoulder and adjusts her belt. There are two additional rapiers thrust in the belt at her right side, and her eyes narrow in anger, with a trace of fear, as she shifts them to a more comfortable position. She glances down at the note just handed to her by the singing telegram boy. Her jaw tightens slightly, then her gaze returns to the boy. "Tell Francois that, unfortunately, I will not be able to assist him, as I have other....pressing matters to attend to."

OOC: This sounds like it will be a blast - sorry I will not be there to participate!
CaitlinCallahan

Postby daundelyon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Ekaterina sighs and puts away her violin. She starts for the door, pauses, and goes back for the case. "It could not hurt to be prepared."
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby SonofScarlet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Nino sat in his crimson chaise, lightly waving a deep indigo fan to cool himself. All around him draping silks and ornate Crescenesque furnishings. In his other hand he held the latest copy of a Vodacce favorite sent to him by one of his patrons. He smirked at a passage when one of the house attendants knocked and offered a letter.

He closed the book reading the calligraphy along the exterior of the envelope, "How delizioso."

Languidly he opened it and read the brief missive. A wry smile pass over the cortigiano's lips. "Monsieur Francoise requires mia assistenza. Che bello, such a favor he would owe me for coming in his hour of need. I could I possibly rifiutare."
SonofScarlet

Return to The "Heroes" of Altamira