So, who did you meet and...

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

So, who did you meet and...

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:34 pm

...How do you feel about them?. This thread is for everybody who has played a session or more to comment on the NPCs they have run into and share their impressions. Try to keep it spoiler free if you can but tell us who you like, hate and want to see more of.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: So, who did you meet and...

Postby salamanca » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Ok, I'm not gonna mention everybody because I'm trying to stay spoiler free if possible.
These are Romeo's impressions of the NPCs from adventure 1 and 2.

I like Nacio, he is one of my bestest friends in all of Altamira. Yesenia however is still a slimy boogerface.

The Professor is a bit odd, I don't know how I feel about him yet.

Genario is a big dummy and I laugh at him. I look forward to laughing at him again.

Mauricio I like not at all. I think he is a coward and a slowpoke.

I like Eladio more than any grown up in Altamira. He gives me free stuff and sneaks me drinks. I'm very sorry about his roof.

Gaspar is a bit too friendly and I think I'm gonna get in trouble if I stay in his sight. His Son, Domingo is like a legend to us street kids though.

I hate the Bishop. I more than hate him.

I don't much like Carlos either I owe him more beating and some insults.

I didn't have to talk to Teresa. She was busy talking to Alejandro. He talked to her alot I mean ALOT.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am

I know I'm dredging up an old thread, but I'd sure be curious to hear Romeo's impressions of Year 2's NPCs...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Well, i will need to dig up my notes over the weekend. It may surprise you.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Ok dug out the notes and thought about it all and here are Romeo's hopefully spoiler free impressions of the various characters from Episodes 3 and 4.

Santino De Silva: He thinks he is really smart and he thinks nobody sees what he is doing. I am pretty sure he would insist the sky is not actually blue. What I do not know is if he would say it because he thinks it is green, does not know what blue means or just to see if I would agree with him. I really need to find a better uncle in law before it's too late.

Carlos: I still owe him some more insults and another beating. and he needs a bath.

The teamsters working for De Silva imports: These guys seem like nice people to live next to.

Alfonso Cortez de Cordoba: He talks as much as Santino. He keeps telling people to do good things but then he makes really stupid challenges and gets other people to do the work for him. Sort of like the priests at the cathedral. He also is not very smart. His plans are very backwards and not very smart. I don't trust people with ideas this dumb.

Ramiro: I think he is not very good at his job. He probably loses his socks every morning. I should check on that next time I see him. He also is afraid of everything. I should take him up on the rooftops and teach him how to be more daring.

Vinicio: He talks a lot. He brags a lot. He dresses like a vodacce on shore leave. he wears too much perfume and thinks he is really good at whatever it is he does. I would say his boss should have taken alejandro's advice and hired the right people instead.

Miguel Rivera: He's a very nice man that does very nice things for his neighbors. I don't get why everybody else was so mean to him.

Miguelito: He is not a very nice man. He doesn't even have candy in his store for kids. He should clean more there too. I think he should maybe find a different job if he isn't busy at the store ever because he is not very good at that job.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:01 am

salamanca wrote:The teamsters working for De Silva imports: These guys seem like nice people to live next to.

de Silva? or did you mean de Cordoba?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:51 am

De silva's guys. Those other guys just sat around drinking cofee and watching us do all the work. The other guys tried to do their job and were really nice about the pigs. AND I EXPECT TO SEE SOME COMMENTS ON THIS FROM THE REST OF YOU OR I SHALL START POSTING MY IMPRESSIONS OF YOUR CHARACTERS.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 am

I think you should
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:25 am

salamanca wrote:De silva's guys. Those other guys just sat around drinking cofee and watching us do all the work. The other guys tried to do their job and were really nice about the pigs. AND I EXPECT TO SEE SOME COMMENTS ON THIS FROM THE REST OF YOU OR I SHALL START POSTING MY IMPRESSIONS OF YOUR CHARACTERS.

SPOILER ALERT!
You were the de Silva guys. The de Cordoba guys were the ones who waited for you and fixed your wagon

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Helena is too enthralled with "THE MUSICIAN" right now to even think about anyone or anything else. But as far as she is concerned "THE MUSICIAN", is sooooo GREAT, SO WONDERFUL, AMAZING, HANSOME, BEAUTIFUL VOICE, EXTRODINARY TALENTED. SSSIIIIGGGGGHHHHH! She could and is listening to him as often as she can, when she isn't looking for history books to find out what he is singing about.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:32 pm

I know which were which and I know who was working hard when we first met them and who obviously was not since they were slow. The de silva workers were very good to us making sure we had a good set up before we started out. (i am trying hard not to spoil stuff with these comments. Keep in mind, this is Romeo's point of view)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:16 am

Just going to slip into this little thread to remind folks that we are activley adjusting this campaign daily based on YOUR COMMENTS AND PERCEPTIONS OF WHICH CHARACTERS YOU WANT MORE OF SO SPEAK UP.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:44 am

Tamale Man!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:34 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Tamale Man!

Just stop by the PA and say you wanna know more, and voila... We have a whole lot of stuff assigned to our most famous purveyor of tasty tamale treats.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:35 am

So, here it is, the end of Year 3, you have (hopefully) 6 adventures under your belt. By my calculations you have met and possibly interacted with around 30 named NPCs (that number doesn't even include all the various NPCs that you might have met in the PAs also). So I thought I'd try and revive this thread. See who you remember, who you can't wait to see again, and who you wish would just drop dead...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:01 am

Romeo did not meet a single NPC in episode 5&6 that he ended up liking very much at all. Most of them were either grumpy or turned out to be less nice than he initially thought. He is also further convinced that Don Alfonzo is planning bad things for him personally.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:43 am

So, its now officially a third of the way through the campaign. You all MUST have feelings about the NPCs in the campaign. I would love to hear your thoughts/worries (so I can make them all that much worse, of couse).

So let me get this started. My favorite NPC thus far? Jenario. Not because he's the most capable (since he truthfully isn't) or the smartest (Jenario? give me a break) or even the most likeable, rather its because he's surprised me the most. He began this campaign as a throwaway character (he really was supposed to never return). Now he's that annoying criminal-wannabe you know you're going to be seeing throughout the campaign...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:50 am

Dog Gallo needs to be official now.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:01 pm

While trying not to spoil stuff... (and remember i'm a year behind as a player). Jenario seems like a guy you can judge things off of. He never takes a job that works out well. The Professor bugs me because he needs a lot of help all the time. Santino is earning my respect as a character. CARLOS is still my most despised villain. The Alcalde probably needs to hire more help or retire. I have a lot of distrust for the entire Clergy and University right now but I am playing a 10 year old with a preference to skip school and church. Still like the Tamale man. Now, as a GM... I love working with Primo and his team as well as the Conquistador and the youngest NPCs, Hector and Marta.
salamanca

Return to Writing Feedback