Writing Progress

Want to know what the writer was thinking? Don't understand the significance of a scene? Or maybe you just want to comment on your experience (for good or bad). This is the place.

Re: Writing Progress

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Back in the saddle so to speak. Finished up the rough draft of my Witch Hunter adventure, about half way through the editing process, started writing up two sequels for it, and (with Laura's help) had an epiphany about how to do a scene in Ep. 7 of HoA that was giving me problems (so I'm almost finished with that scene too).

Oh yea and went to Kinkos and got all the XP sheets for Ep. 5&6.

All in all a good day!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Witch Hunter adventure (The Crossing) is done and sent out. No mechanics in it yet (cause they're working on a 2nd Ed) but anyone could run it easily. Back to working on HoA stuff (still want to get the Episodes 7&8 rough drafts done, and the ONE Background I haven't finished could be needed at TC so I need to get that done)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:45 am

Finished up Episode 7 which came in at 12.5k words (ye-ouch, Episode 1 is less than half that). I don't think it'll take extra long to play, there are just lots of options to deal with and way too much detail information. I'll leave it for a little while and come back when I start editing. For now, it's on to Episode 8 which I'm much more confident about (and looking forward to).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:14 pm

And a couple of days later and Scene I from Ep 8 is finished (and Scene II is well on the way). I think this first scene is going to be lots of fun, real good test of your RPing chops...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:50 am

Scene II finished, Scene III about half way.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Got all the stuff for my daughter's first Toon! game finished and printed. Now just in a holding pattern until TotalCon...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 am

And back in the saddle. Working on Act II now, working on descriptions of the next 8 headshots for Don Higgins (need to go over them one more time before I send em in).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm

2.1 done, 2.2 in progress. I'd like to have Ep. 8 finished before Origins to ensure that it's really as solid as I think (I'm thinking we'll be playtesting 7 since it's a bit more loose than I'm comfortable with, but if 8 doesn't come out solid, I may have to get it playtested first). Finished off the 8 descriptions and they're with the artist. At some point I need to do the finishing touches on Lower 9 (to be run at GenCon) and Dread (KFG Wed before GenCon).

REALLY should get my second proposal out to Paradigm Concepts...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:46 am

2.2 Done. 2.3 Started. Wrote an outline for Sequel to the Witch Hunter adventure I wrote earlier.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 pm

FInished the outline, 3.1 finished, started on 3.2 (which means only 2 scenes to go until Episode 8 is done) and as a bonus I realized that of the next two years adventures, I only need to do significant work (as in do the whole outline from a small blurb I wrote initially) on Episode 9. 10,11, and 12 are all completely outlined and in 2 cases (10 and 11) I even have part of the rough draft finished (they were meant for earlier episodes until I realized parts of my timeline conflicted if they were released earlier). Bonus bonus, when I get them all finished, I will be half way through the campaign... coolness!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Wow, suddenly innundated with work. By Origins I have to finish Ep 8, get my outline of my second Witch Hunter game to Paradigm, then try and get a rough draft finished by Origins. And on more work for Paradigm I have a 1-shot to write for Rotted Capes (which is supposed to premere at Origins) followed by a super special secret surprise outline for a mega-storyarc, also for RC (which I will probably be working on for a good long while)!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Wow, suddenly innundated with work. By Origins I have to finish Ep 8, get my outline of my second Witch Hunter game to Paradigm, then try and get a rough draft finished by Origins. And on more work for Paradigm I have a 1-shot to write for Rotted Capes (which is supposed to premere at Origins) followed by a super special secret surprise outline for a mega-storyarc, also for RC (which I will probably be working on for a good long while)!

Finished the second Witch Hunter Outline, wrote the whole Rotted Capes outline (which is both funny and kind of scary) and started to read the base book so I can edit my secret outline to more closely fit with canon.

Figure till I hear back from them, I'll work on Ep. 8 to get it all finished up.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Good progress! Finished Act 3 Scene I and got a good start on Scene II. I have less than 2 scenes to go before Ep 8 is finished. Haven't heard back about either the Rotted Capes adventure or the Witch Hunter one. So I'll keep working on this.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Meanwhile, I deleted the entire PA for Origins because I thought of a better idea. (ok, I saved the opening scene and a couple names). And before anybody freaks out, I do this a lot with convention games. And I figure with over a month before the show, I might do it again.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 pm

I do it all the time also, it's now one of my favorite things about writing (realizing that I have so much to say that only the best should be kept).

As for my own progress Scene II is finished. I came up with a great ending for it, and one that's gonna be lots of fun for some of our heroes...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Actually lemme ammend my previous comment. Where I decided to stop Scene II was really well into Scene III so I adjusted it a bit and created a "choose one of two endings" plotline. One ending is the one I described previously, the other I'm working on.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 10, 2013 11:31 am

All finished with the adventure, just doing the statblocks today and then the Ep 8 rough draft will be finished.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm

AAANDDD... Next year's adventures are now ready for playtest...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 pm

SHHHH!! Don't tell anyone but I may have started the thorough outline for Episode 9 earlier today...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 pm

"Rocks fall..."

Oh crap!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Mon May 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Lady Grace wrote:"Rocks fall..."

Oh crap!

somebody called me while I was watching iron man 3 about this plot... You have no idea.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 22, 2013 7:33 pm

interestingly, Ep 9 is writing itself backwards (start at the end and work toward the beginning) which never happens to me...
But progress is coming along well so I will (hopefully) have that much more time for Ep 10 (which will be a bear to write)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Been re- re- re-writing the scene progression and think I've finally hit upon it. So now on to full outlines for every scene. The background worked out like a charm, so much so, it's already in rough draft form. This is really coming along much faster than I expected.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat May 25, 2013 12:06 am

The origins PA is sitting in torpor so I can reopen it in 4 days and find my errors in evil planning. It certainly has the most exhilarating opening scene in the campaign so far. (and that includes the year 3 sessions). As with last year, it is a pair of two hour adventures and those signed up will play one of those and spend the rest of the time doing solo stuff with Mark. (then you all can compare notes after with each other)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

I have to say, having heard it, it is a pretty awsome opening scene (and I'm totally jealous I won't get to play).

As to my own progress, the full scene write-ups are almost done. Phew, it's going really well.

Maybe I should look into Ep. 10...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Feedback