31 Day Character Challenge

The place for everything else.

Spycraft, 1st Edition

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:54 am

salamanca wrote:If you need another setting for a generic system, your game will be taking place in Monaco during the 1960's and it's a caper campaign.

I wasn't originally planning on doing a Spycraft because it was so similar to Stargate SG-1 but it took me less than a second to come up with a character concept and an hour and 15 minutes to make and post the character. :lol:

Caleb Vittorio

Department: "The Basement"
Class: 1st Level Wheelman
Vitality/Wound Points: 14/14
Init +4 (+1 class, +3 Dex)
Spd 30 ft.
Def 14 (+1 class, +3 Dex)
Atk: Unarmed Strike 1d3 (subdual)
Special Qualities: Daredevil, Lucky
Saving Throws: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3
Str 10, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 11
Skills: Balance +7, Boating +7, Driver +9, Escape Artist +7, Mechanics +7, Open Lock +7, Pilot +9, Sport (Formula 1 Racing) +7, Spot +6, Swim +3
Feats: Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium), Improved Initiative, Speed Demon, Weapon Group Proficiency (Melee, Handgun, Rifle, Tactical)
Languages: English, Italian, French, German, Japanese
Gear: Headset Radio, Delivery Van (Hidden compartment, Nitrous oxide system, Reinforced tires)
Backgrounds: Debt 2, Vendetta 2

Caleb is the heist's wheelman. He's angry with the mark's son for getting him suspended from the racing circuit and needs the money to pay off some gambling debts.
MacShidhe

Re: 31 Day Character Challenge

Postby kenderleech » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:09 am

salamanca wrote:You know, he stole that wanderlust from another character.

No, he found it on the sid eof the road, and he is going to return it once he finds its owner. he promi..SHINY!
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:14 am

If you need another generic system
It's time for the winter olympics. Due to scandals in your home nation, the regular athletes have been banned and you are part of the rag tag team of replacements trying to salvage your nations honor. There will be possibilities of romance with athletes of other nations, sabotage, personal redemption, a moment in the sun before you fade to obscurity, high drama, and maybe some light espionage. Like Eddie the Eagle and the Jamaican bobsledders, your chances at a medal are slim but with pluck, grit and a little luck, you may still end up the darling of these games.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby MacShidhe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:36 pm

salamanca wrote:If you need another generic system
It's time for the winter olympics. Due to scandals in your home nation, the regular athletes have been banned and you are part of the rag tag team of replacements trying to salvage your nations honor. There will be possibilities of romance with athletes of other nations, sabotage, personal redemption, a moment in the sun before you fade to obscurity, high drama, and maybe some light espionage. Like Eddie the Eagle and the Jamaican bobsledders, your chances at a medal are slim but with pluck, grit and a little luck, you may still end up the darling of these games.

I can think of a couple systems that would be able to handle this campaign really well. Personally, I would name the campaign "The Mouse that took the Gold" and have everyone play members of the Duchy of Grand Fenwick's Olympic team. Only thing that I would suggest is that the 1972 and 1996 Olympics would be a poor setting.
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:58 pm

That's part of why i went winter games. Munich is just a shadowrun.

Plus some fool will pick Luge or Skeleton and i get to maim them.
salamanca

The Witcher TRPG

Postby MacShidhe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:17 pm

I've had this game for less than a week and I would really like to try it out if for no other reason than to see how an updated Friday Night Fight system adapts to magic. It is also the only game, that I am aware of, that mentions aardvark fighting pits.

The character below is based on my longtime NERO character which I killed off when the NERO Ohio chapters imploded.

Sainrith of Starlin

Race: Human
Profession: Craftsman
Patch Job: +6

INT: 10
REF: 6
DEX: 6
BODY: 6
SPD: 5
EMP: 6
CRA: 10
WILL: 6
LUCK: 5

STUN: 6
RUN: 15
LEAP: 3
HP: 30
STA: 30
ENC: 60
REC: 6
Punch: 1d6
Kick: 1d6+4

Skills
Athletics: +2 (DEX)
Alchemy: +1 (CRA)
Brawling: +4 (REF)
Business: +6 (INT)
Crafting: +6 (CRA)
Dodge/Escape: +4 (REF)
Education: +1 (INT)
Endurance: +4 (BODY)
Fine Arts: +1 (EMP)
Melee: +4 (REF)
Nordling: +8 (INT)
Persuasion: +6 (EMP)
Physique: +4 (BODY)
Streetwise: +2 (INT)

Gear: Alchemy Set, Crafting Tools, Mace, Merchant Tools, Tinker's Forge, 1320 Crowns for more gear

Sainrith was born to a peasant family in a small town in southern Aedirn. He was the fifth of seven children and was apprenticed to a blacksmith at a young age. Starlin was one of the first villages overrun when when Nilfgaard attacked. Sainrith was able to escape and was able to follow the Aedrin army as a smith. Later, he found out that, while most of his family had become refugees, his father and two of his brothers had become collaborators. Now that war is brewing again, Sainrith is expecting an uptick in business. War always creates a need for more weapons and armor.
MacShidhe

Re: The Witcher TRPG

Postby daundelyon » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:50 am

MacShidhe wrote:
The character below is based on my longtime NERO character which I killed off when the NERO Ohio chapters impoded.

His skull lives on one of our bookshelves.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:26 am

Everybody wants to save the skull. Nobody keeps the hipbone.
salamanca

Postby daundelyon » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:09 pm

Well, the helmet won't fit on a femur.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

7th Sea, 1st Edition

Postby MacShidhe » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:37 pm

salamanca wrote:Everybody wants to save the skull. Nobody keeps the hipbone.

And hipbones take up too much shelf space.

I've saved the best for last. This is a character I originally created for The "Rogues" of Canguine but I've since realized that he would be better for the Schemers campaign.

Baron Dieter Burkhard von Brunnenfeldt
Eisen (Wische) Physician

Traits: [56]
Brawn ●●○○○, Finesse ●●○○○, Wits ●●●○○, Resolve ●●●○○, Panache ●●●○○

Reputation 0

Advantages: [53]
Academy, Dangerous Beauty, Dracheneisen: Petty Nobility (Saber), Foul Weather Jack: Waisen Dependent, Inheritance: 500G, Man of Will, Membership: Physicians' Guild, University

Virtue: Creative [5]

Languages: [4]
Eisen (R/W/N), High Eisen (R/W), Vodacce (R/W)

Civil Skills: [12]
Acrobat: Balance ●○○○○, Footwork ●●●○○
Archeologist: Occult: ●●●○○, Research: ●●●○○, Society Lore: ●○○○○
Courtier: Dancing ●○○○○, Etiquette ●○○○○, Fashion ●○○○○, Oratory ●○○○○
Doctor: Diagnosis ●●○○○, First Aid ●●○○○, Quack ●○○○○, Surgery ●○○○○
Herbalist: Cooking ●○○○○, Diagnosis ●●○○○, First Aid ●●○○○, Flora ●○○○○
Scholar: History ●○○○○, Mathematics ●○○○○, Philosophy ●○○○○, Research ●●●○○

Martial Skills: [5]
Athlete: Climbing ●○○○○, Footwork ●●●○○, Sprinting ●○○○○, Throwing ●○○○○
Dirty Fighting: Attack (Dirty Fighting) ●○○○○
Fencing: Attack (Fencing) ●○○○○, Parry (Fencing) ●○○○○
Firearms: Attack (Firearms) ●○○○○

Equipment
312G 28c
Plain Boots
Plain Coat
Wide-Brimmed Hat
Plain Suit
2 Sets Men's Undergarments
Flintlock Pistol
Dracheneisen Saber
Standard Knife
Digger's Coat
Leather Gloves
Wide-Brimmed Hat
Moneybelt
Plain Suit
Belt Scabbard
Bullet Mold
Gunpowder (for 10 shots)
Lead (for 10 shots)
Powder Flask (holds 10 shots)
Powder Measure
Plain Sheath
Backpack
18 Bandages
2, Locks (TN 30)
2, 25' Ropes
Splint Set
Whetstone
Wicker Basket
3, 100 Page Blank Books
5 Bottles of Ink
Small Mirror
Mortar and Pestle
Fine Pen
Surgical Kit
Tweezers
Martingale (for Saber)
Seaman's Chest
Plague Doctor Mask

Owned by "Elise"
Plain Cloak
2 Plain Dresses
Plain Shoes
2 Sets of Women's Undergarments

"Through Victory My Chains are Broken." - Burkhard family motto

In 1654, Dieter was sent to an academy in Posen. He was a willful twelve year old who needed discipline. The War of the Cross had been raging for 18 years and his father wanted to start his battle training as soon as possible. Neither he, nor his family realized he would not see his home again for twelve years. His sister, Elise, had been born 4 years earlier and was the apple of their parents' eyes. His older brother was named Helmut and was the heir to the Barony of Brunnenfeldt. The next four years were rough on him and he was quite surprised when his father sent him to the University of Elena to further his education. His father's letter indicated that the land would have more need of healers than warriors when the when the war was over and he wanted to be prepared for the peace. In late 1664, Dieter was informed that his brother had died fighting the Objectionists and that he needed to come home. He was identified as a Vatacine and captured while crossing through Sieger and spent the last months of the war treating his fellow prisoners. When he finally was able to reach Brunnenfeldt, the barony's villages ahd been burned and its fields were mud. No one was left to till the land and the baronial castle was a pile of stone and burned timber. With nothing left to loose, Dieter dug his way through the ruins to the basement storerooms in hopes that some of the family's treasures had survived. He the family's Drachenien blade and a girl who did not respond to any attempts at communication. She was one of the Waissen. He had no idea who she was but she had blonde hair and blue eyes like his sister had and appeared to be the correct age. He took her with him to Frieburg and began to study her in an attempt to cure her condition. Recently, he heard of a Fate Witch that had studied the Waissen. She had eventually become one of them but before then she had described them as puppets with their strings cut. He's decided to return to Vodacce to find a Fate Witch that can help him find a cure.
MacShidhe

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:19 am

Oh I am CERTAIN the Vodacce can solve both of your problems...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:29 am

Just sign the bottom of this blank parchment, i will fill in the details later.
salamanca

Previous

Return to Mundane Matters