Some sad news

The place for everything else.

Some sad news

Postby daundelyon » Tue May 18, 2021 12:52 pm

For those who may have played with him, Dana from Plaid Chameleon had a heart attack a few weeks ago. His family have decided to move him to comfort care today.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Re: Some sad news

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 25, 2021 11:38 pm

In my opinion in 45+ years of RPG Dana is one of the top five GMs.
Sister Sonya

Postby daundelyon » Sat May 29, 2021 6:14 pm

Dana passed away on May 21st.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby salamanca » Mon May 31, 2021 8:00 pm

This one hurts...a lot. Been putting off saying anything. So lets just toss some praise out.

Mike isn't wrong, Dana hands down was a sneaky, coniving, twist your plans GM. And he was fair in hosing everybody at the table just as far as they could take it.

My best memory was the Marmdog convention in Michigan. Dana came down to play Giovanni's Grand Ball. We had Big Daddy Thwak playing Giovanni (all 6'6" of him) and Dana asked me to be allowed to play his double. (All 5'6" of him) Those two spent the night running in and out of the room both demanding things of the players as if they were one person. When one entered, the other snuck out. Players got confused over who may be real. It worked perfectly. Neither one spoke to each other during the event or even made eye contact but they anticipated where each was going in their plans and kept thwarting each other. A brilliant night.

The 4 and 20 adventure he wrote that ended up in Rapier's Edge was originally a concept based on the show 24. The plan was to run the adventure at a con for 24 straight hours with Dana, Thwak and myself swapping out GM duties. It was a crazy idea then, it is still mad genius and I still want to try it.

Peace, Brother.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 31, 2021 9:22 pm

I'm sorry for his passing. I never got to play in any of his games, but I did get to meet him at Gen Con one year, and I have copies of stories he wrote that were totally awesome. Rest in peace.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Return to Mundane Matters