DIE: the RPG

The place for everything else.

DIE: the RPG

Postby salamanca » Fri May 13, 2022 6:34 am

The game based on the comic about a game where you play players playing characters playing a game is kickstarting through the 20th of june.

Sorry for the lack of link but I'm on my phone and don't have it in front of me. (Somebodt actually called to tell me)

If you are not familiar with the comic... it was a series from Image Comics that just wrapped up last year. Mark and I both enjoyed it fir a certain definition of enjoy.

It is a dark, horrible game world of heartbreak and ruin by Kieron Gillan.

This game is going to be chock full of metagaming, multiple character play levels (as in your character has a character) and a simple modern mechanic with most of the book dedicated to how to create, collaborate and worldbuild emotional misery.

In keeping with the comic, there are dice in the kickstarter. Really fancy, high end dice with fancy looks except, and I quote,"the d6 will be the cheapest, most common d6 we can find" because it represents "The Fool".

The stretxh goals are mostly more art from the series artist or an extra adventure from the game designer Gillan brought in to make sense of his crazy vision. (So it looks like there will not be another 7th sea stretched so far they broke it situation)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters