Origins 2022

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Origins 2022

Postby kenderleech » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:45 pm

Another wonderful week of time spent with friends comes to a close. I already miss you all. Yes, even you. As the last one staying Downtown, I'll turn off the lights. More to follow later.
kenderleech

Postby cpugs » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:15 pm

Thank you all for breaking bread, playing games, and sharing yourselves with me. Last September was nice, but this was spectacular and very much needed. Hopefully there will never be another 3 year break between us. Love to all, and 53 weeks and 4 day’s until we do it again!
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:14 pm

53 weeks...

Ugh...fine!!!!!

I had a blast, i would recommend we do this every day of the year but i don't have enough puzzle rooms to fill that much time.

I promise absolutely ZERO puzzles in the next PA.

(And if you have an adventure you would like to have take place, drop a message and we will see what i can do about that)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:28 pm

Just wanted to echo the sentiments already expressed....

It was an absolutely wonderful five days - I know I said it multiple times at the con, but it really felt like coming home! The time absolutely flew by (as it always does), and tonight is somewhat bittersweet - lots of fond memories to look back on mixed with a profound sadness that it has already ended.

Already cannot wait for next year....
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:57 am

But your dog is much happier today.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:23 am

salamanca wrote:But your dog is much happier today.

Very true - and she's not letting me out of her sight.....
CaitlinCallahan

Postby ExploratorVimes » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:17 pm

Wanted to say thank you to Mark, Ken, and Dave for all putting together amazing events for me to be in. Altamira is the linchpin of what keeps me coming back to Origins when the rest of it isn't so great. This year was probably my best Origins in the decade or so that I have been going. Doubly so because my friend's car didn't get broken in to this year.

Romeo won't be forgotten or, if I have any say, left in that deep dark hole alone. It was a hell of an adventure, and I cannot wait to get to do more. Halfway to being fully caught up and it feels pretty good.

Thanks all for an amazing set of games,
Crendel of Montaigne

salamanca wrote:I want to thank Shane, Justin, John B, Mike, Katie, Jeremy, Alexandria, Chuck, David, Matt, Jenny, Evelyn, Steven, Amanda, Mike B, Brian John J, Craig, Tim, Cyrus, Josh, and a couple others i am forgetting because i am tired for sitting down and making an out of practice GM enjoy every minute of it.

Extra above and beyond thank your to Deb, Mark, Ken, Stephen and Charlie for food, and being the family I choose beyond genetics.

And a special thanks to Sonje for killing my long standing and only campaign character while it was on loan.

R.I.P. Romeo....

Carry on his legacy.
ExploratorVimes

Postby crimsonjoe » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:43 pm

I can't add anything more except that I had a wonderful time seeing everyone at Origins, and the adventures were outstanding. I can't wait to see where the story goes as we enter the final four episodes of the Heroes of Altamira.
crimsonjoe

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:35 am

I don't remember my character ever being quite so challenged in sword fights in HoA before. That is 20 adventures and almost 40 PAs. Sonya is not really a fighter, but she can be a really tough opponent. I can recall her taking five raises and taking out six wussy brutes a time ago, but never so many cautious two-raise attacks before within one module. I should have kept count.

It's always a pleasure seeing old friends at Cons, and it's been over ten years for HoA. Unfortunately, many from the beginning are no longer with us.

Keep up the good work Mark, Dave, Ken, and everyone else.

I attended three consecutive Cons in Boston for 7th Sea awhile back, and am tempted to go again next March.
MichaelB

Postby cpugs » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:24 pm

PCR test results in and I tested Negative.
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:26 pm

Whoo hoo! Charlie is safe.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:14 pm

cpugs wrote:PCR test results in and I tested Negative.

So far so good at the Edwards' Household also!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:05 pm

Jeremy has reported a cough, falling asleep before 8 pm and car problems. I find none of those unusual.

I am good so far beyond my customers being offended i am wearing a mask. (For their safety from me)
salamanca

Postby daundelyon » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:10 am

Columbus is enduring widespread power outages, some due to weather, some deliberate to prevent escalation. So far Sam and I are ok, but the estimated completion time is around midnight Thursday/Friday, so fingers crossed.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:18 am

You own swords, you don't need electricity.

Just don't eat the potato salad still in the fridge.
salamanca

Postby groovy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:33 pm

I wanted to thank the entire Altamira community for being so welcoming to my friends and I, even though we are getting off to such a late start in the campaign. I want to specifically thank Ken, Steve, Dave, Alexandra, and Mark for excellent GMing (and help with characters) throughout the weekend. I look forward to seeing some of you at GenCon, and if you won't be there, hopefully I'll see you at Origins next year!

Brian
Sebastian Borges
Anonymous Founder, de Silva School of Cosmotology
groovy

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:29 pm

Hey, we are happy to make new friends particularly this deep in the campaign.

New ideas and new eager faces inspire the worst in us. (Did he just say worst? Yep, he did)
salamanca

Postby vogelsong » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:29 pm

Justin/Connie here... Just wanted to say thank you as well to Mark, Ken, Dave, and everyone else I had the pleasure of sharing a table with for making a very nervous role-player immediately feel right at home. The sessions were the undisputed highlight of my entire vacation, and my thoughts are already racing towards next year.

I hope everyone that attends Gen Con this year has as at least as much fun as I had, and I hope to see familiar faces again next year!
vogelsong

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:08 am

Justin, you have nothing to be be nervous about as a roleplayer. You have an interesting character concept, let it inform your decisions in game, and are good at keeping track of story developments and how they relate to previous adventures.

You also have a great sense of when to let the other players have their spotlight and when to step up and take the lead to encourage moving the plot. I know who you were at tables with this year and those traits are far from universal in a game that encourages spotlight one-upsmanship.

As a GM, there is a select number of players in this campaign that just by sitting down at the table give me confidence that the group will have a good chance of an optimal result. And I will have a little less work so I can concentrate on the fluff and thematic aspects more than plot. You are certainly among that group. You make our jobs easier even if you don't know it.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:50 am

I'll second that!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:01 pm

Mark, if you are proposing a knife fight to see who gets Justin at the table, I saw how that worked out with Jeremy over Buca this year. I am only too happy to take that challenge.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:42 pm

salamanca wrote:Mark, if you are proposing a knife fight to see who gets Justin at the table, I saw how that worked out with Jeremy over Buca this year. I am only too happy to take that challenge.

Well it IS a bit unfair. I would have to drive 9 hours to stab Jeremy. You just need to go across town...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:34 pm

you could mail him a stabbing?
just make sure you hold it by the blade this time instead of the handle.

Thank you for everyone for the time together. We greatly miss all of you.

For those of you (un)fortunate enough to be at my table. Thank you for a great game even though I took my timeliness queues from Mark.

The DeSilva School of Comotology shall ride again!
smafdi

Postby daundelyon » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:26 am

So I will have it handy.
Attachments
IMG_20220629_153735626~2.jpg
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:49 pm

Ah, shiny.

For the darkest times. Or just to blow on the most foolish and useless comedy moment ever.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Events