GenCon 2023!

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

GenCon 2023!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:02 pm

Oh boy did I almost screw this up!
I thought that I had put our events in some time ago, but I just got the "early event submission is almost over, submit your events now!" email and, worried, I went to check. Sure enough I had completely forgotten to submit anything.

But it's all fixed now. Here's our events list if you need to make plans!

Thurs (3rd):
9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 17 – One More Favor (GM: Ken)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 19 – Rising Tensions (GM: Me)
7pm-11pm HoA, Ep. 21 – Siege Warfare (GM: Me)
7pm-11pm HoA, Flashback (Episodes Odd)x2 (GMs: Sam, Alexandra)

Fri (4th):
9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 22 – Loose Ends (GM: Me)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 20 – The Keystone (GM: Ken or Megan)
2pm-6pm HoA, Flashback (Episodes Even) x2 (GMs: Sam, Alexandra)
7pm-11pm HoA, Ep. 18 – Finessing the Queen (GM: Me)

Sat (5th):
9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 19 – Rising Tensions (GM: Ken)
9am-1pm HoA, Ep. 21 – Siege Warfare (GM: Me)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 20 – The Keystone (GM: Ken)
2pm-6pm HoA, Ep. 22 – Loose Ends (GM: Me)
7pm-11pm HoA, Personal Agendas (2 Tables, GMs: Ken and Me)

Sun (6th):
10am-2pm HoA, DOMINGO GIGANTE! (GM: Ken and Me)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: GenCon 2023!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:03 pm

Oh and I should probably also add, Badges are available now, and hotel registration begins Feb 12th at noon est.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 06, 2023 8:05 am

Event Registration is on its way. The Event Catalog will published online this weekend so you can figure out what you want to play!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 25, 2023 4:35 pm

Six events sold out already. Three more with 2 or less tickets left. Going about normal for this time of year.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat May 27, 2023 11:19 am

I was able to get an actual ticket for the PA!
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:57 pm

CaitlinCallahan wrote:I was able to get an actual ticket for the PA!

YAY!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:18 pm

One week from today I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get the last minute stuff done I THOUGHT I had already finished!

And on sort-of unrelated news there are only 6 tickets left until HoA completely sells out!

I can hardly wait to see you all!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:40 pm

So Mark,

You having a Freaking Aggravating tizzy yet to get it all together for the trip? (Thought this would put a smile on your face. :D )
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:21 am

HERE! WE! GO!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:28 am

Sorry, we had to cancel GenCon and forgot to tell you, Mark.

There will be people in the room but it is the replacement convention. Those at the table are actually attending a convention for the "Daughters of the Pepsi Revolution". They are all children of the people who fought the Cola Wars in the 80's.

If they still want to play, just replace any mention of The Shadow King with New Coke and you should be fine.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:52 pm

...I would actually play this.. :shock:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby kenderleech » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:18 pm

It was a great con. I miss you all already.
kenderleech

Postby daundelyon » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:50 am

Lady Grace wrote:...I would actually play this.. :shock:

Well, Mark did try to hijack several players from another room when their GM never showed up. Similar concept I guess. :D
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Ok I think I have recovered enough to give my GenCon report...

Good
You All!
It is always wonderful to see familiar faces, and it fills me with joy each time I see you all back raring to go and eager for more adventure!

Hollows!
I got a copy of a playtest Rowan, Rook, & Decard (the publishers of Die! the RPG) did for this new game, a game that hasn't even been announced yet (yes they did say I could mention it). In any case, it was a superfan exclusive that I got after I had a conversation with the woman responsible for the shitty d6 in that game. I expected just a couple of pages stapled together or perhaps a softback book, but no! They hardbound it and it looks REALLY cool!

Players Dropping Games
Had 3 new players drop all their games to play with us. One of them was so intrigued she bought the PG from us so she could read more! I love getting new folks addicted to this game.

Bad
Dealers' Hall
Oversold the space so they cut down the size of the isles to make room. And then they wondered why crowds were crankier than normal...

Also I know a lot of folks found bunches of stuff they were interested in, but I just found myself wandering back and forth through the isles for a couple of hours.

Friday...just, Friday...
It was bad for me in so, So, SO many ways. But the afternoon game may qualify for the worst game I've run in many, many years. Long and the short of it was PCs consisted of a majority of murderhobo newbs (who just seemed hell-bent on intimidating, torturing, and murdering their way through an investigation adventure) and the experienced players decided to just go along with it. I should also mention that one of my experienced players is the one I am having a great deal of difficulty with his character concept.

A Bit of Both
The Drive
Love getting to hang out with other nerds and just nerd out is always awesome. But the trip is long, so very long.

Seeing Floyd
He looked really happy and that fills my heart with joy. But then he told me he hasn't been running things in over two years and has no plans to do so in the future, and I just... I didn't even know that was a thing. Plus, he also said this is his last year coming to GenCon and I'm gonna miss him.

Ken's Advice
I talked to Ken about the terrible game on Friday and he had some EXCELLENT advice (which I will absolutely be implementing). Then he told me that kind of thing happens to him at least once a con, and it occurred to me that I am spoiled by all of you. I only get the players ready and raring to go with great backstories and a fervent desire to rollplay.

So to Ken and everyone else who has to run the older stuff, I am truly sorry if this is happening to you. Come talk to me if you need to, I don't want anyone ruining your fun.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Events